Adobe Apps Taking Forever To Close Down

Discussion in 'Applications' started by OhioTom76, Jan 30, 2014.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

Anyone else using Adobe CS6 or CC programs and having problems with them taking forever to shut down? Photoshop and Illustrator in particular have been really stubborn on my system, both when re-gaining focus when I'm jumping between programs as well as when shutting down.

I would say nearly 50% of the time I have to go into the Task Manager and forcefully shut them down because they just freeze up and I get a "not responding" message. Why are these programs so incredibly stubborn?

I know they have some features built in to recover files you were working on in the event of a crash, but the software itself crashes more than anything.

2. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I have been having problems with Adobe CC as well. In my case, the program takes forever to open and twice as long to close. I also had issues with saving, which took longer than usual. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. It fixed the timing issues with opening and closing. However, still takes awhile to close and at times freezes. Therefore, causing me to do a force quit.