Any way to get rid of the ads when posting a new thread?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback & Support' started by JakeNoolan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JakeNoolan

JakeNoolan New Member

Every time I post a thread I get two large banner ads appear directly under my content ... any way to stop this happening?

I appreciate you want to generate revenue from the site, but two banners on a brand new fresh-posted topic (that only I am viewing as I've only just posted it)?

I'm not sure if it's just me or not? Is anyone else experiencing this and would you prefer to not see the banners when posting new threads?

2. JakeNoolan

JakeNoolan New Member

Just to make the point with a visual - here's what happened to the above post directly after I'd posted it:

upload_2013-9-26_1-25-39.png

3. JakeNoolan

JakeNoolan New Member

The ads within posts are really spoiling the layout. Could they be moved to the top and bottom - maybe above the navigation and below the thread posts?

I've just come back here and it's inserted ads into my original post so the thread now looks like this:

upload_2013-9-26_23-18-19.png

4. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I don't think you can do anything about the ads.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Perhaps draalin may try a different ad size or add some extra space to keep the ads not that close to the text, but that may involve tweaking either the forum software or the theme and doing this may screw everything.

No problem to me having those ads showing when starting a new thread though.