Are China Phones and Tablets Using Android Worth It?

Discussion in 'Android' started by danealegana, Sep 14, 2013.

1. danealegana

danealegana Member

I've been seeing a lot of China made phones and tablets running on Android lately that has been getting a big boom.
    This is way designed better than the previous ones that I saw and were actually making waves.
    Example is Lenovo, they have been hitting the asian market and they even got Kobe Bryant as their endorser.

So what are your thoughts about this?

2. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Hmm, when it comes to price, China phones and tablets could be so enticing because they're very cheap. But when it comes to performance, I think there's a lot to be desired. The screen is not as clear as the top tier gadgets, they hang more often, and they depreciate a lot faster. I think they're not worth the investment.

3. Qamra

Qamra New Member

I wouldn't trust the cheapest/non-brand ones. I'd rather spend extra money and get a proper guarantee.
    Buying a popular phone is easier, you can find solutions for common problems by yourself just browsing internet.
    Lenovo is a bit of different story for me, it's not like one of them cheap 'alternatives' for expensive gadgets that you can find on Ebay.

4. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Yeah it is true the China phones and tablets are cheap but when it comes to performance they are just whack. I wouldn't sacrifice quality for cheapness. These phones wouldn't even last a year before they are useless. The Android software is giving them a boost but not for long after people start discovering their faults.

5. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Yes, I have heard Chinese phones and tablets are getting popular in the mobile industry. For instance, both Huawei and XiaoMing are getting known to be the popular and best yet the Chinese mobile phone companies. One thing is that the price is sure less expensive than other brands such as Apple, Samsung, HTC, and more. I don't think Chinese phones and tablets won't last as long as other mobile brands because I think even Apple's IPhone and IPad are made in China.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I don't know about phones, but I would like to think they are I have a Chinese 360 controller that was a little more then half the price of the original 360 controller and I have had it for almost two years and it has given me no troubles which I think is saying something because I remember back in the day I used to have a similar Chinese PS2 controller and it didn't last, but a couple of months before it stopped working.

7. TheViper

TheViper Member

The price for these phones are always great. How they perform is the big difference for me.

These phones from china usually are on some crappy os and bugs are everywhere. Unless, you are trying to sell them off as cheap android phones then these aren't worth buying.

8. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

The thing with Chinese phones and tablets is that you never know if those are going to work. I speak from my own experience. Last year I bought a tablet from an online store (pandawill.com). It was very cheap, $45 plus $15 or so shipping (it has a resistive screen, that's why it was so cheap) but it came with a cracked screen so I had to return it. That made me add $20 on shipping and a wait of 45+ days for the item to arrive again.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I think that some of these china phones are really good and then some of them are not really up to scratch. I mean, the android OS is really good and can turn any phone into something amazing. But it has to be matched with something good or just as decent to work top notch. It is a bit of a hit or miss and you really have to know what you are getting into beforehand.

10. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

With the recent announcements that Lenovo is buying out Motorola, will be interested to see if they finally come to the US with their phones - which historically they haven't. Unless they decide to keep the Motorola brand and continue only releasing Motorola phones in the US. In general I like the exterior designs of the Lenovo phones that I've seen so far, but I absolutely hate the custom OS Lenovo has come up with. It hasn't been updated in years either, which makes it worse. It's really bubbly and rounded, and looks like something off of a kids toy.

11. Thephantom638

Thephantom638 New Member

Despite how Chinese phones and tablets tend to be cheaper than other phones and tablets, I wouldn't choose to go for them mainly because of quality issues that have been pointed out by many people. The touch screens don't tend to be very good in some models, and the user interface/skin Chinese phones have feel clunky and laggy.

12. babyleans

babyleans New Member

china phones are not worth it. in my country they are banned. they don't last long, at least not most of them.

13. Jojo83

Jojo83 New Member

China phones and tablets has improved in recent years, although not yet premium quality like the more established brands. I remember before that most of them were rubbish and in just a matter of months would die and just become paperweight. My friends that bought them thought of them as being disposable and only bought them because they are dirt cheap. They have improved a whole lot though. Today, some brands like Huawei and ZTE have decent offerings with affordable prices.

14. eMike22

eMike22 New Member

Well, iPhones are technically Chinese phones, since they're assembled in China haha :p. No but seriously though, I wouldn't buy a Chinese device unless I'm absolutely certain it's from a trusted brand. I usually do a lot of online digging before I buy something, and if said device has decent reviews, I might consider purchasing it. Chinese phones have really come a long way though. the OnePlus One is a great example. It looks better than most samsung phones, and the specs are great. Unfortunately you can't buy it unless you have an invite from someone who already owns one, which I think is a terrible business strategy...

15. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

My experience with this particular make of phone is not good and it is for this reason why i stay clear of them. I am never ever going down that road again...who feels it knows it!

16. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

A Ban on them is a step in the right direction as they are misleading and you get the feeling of being scammed upon acquiring one.

17. mairj23

mairj23 Member

China has a bad reputation these days. Maybe because they're the knock off capital of the world. I'm sure they have some good products but I wouldn't take my chances there.

18. surya kumar

surya kumar New Member

China products are cheapest availble in the market those who can't afford the price with the features are interested to buy the phones, yes Mostly mobiles can't stand for more than 1 year. there ae some brands with specific models like lenovo k series and huawei may Letv worth buying even samsung mobiles also giving troubles not stands as these mobiles except hoigh end phones from samsung.