Are Macs worth the price?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by 7zer0z, Dec 23, 2014.

1. 7zer0z

7zer0z New Member

I'm somebody that has been a Windows user since day one. However, the more I look at macs the more I start liking them and the more I consider getting one. They look really sharp and when I've used them they were always fast and operated very smoothly whereas Windows tends to be a little buggy. I have also heard that Macs cannot get viruses. Is this true. There is as good chance that my next computer will be a mac. The only thing holding me back however is the price. So, do you get what you pay for, or are they overpriced?

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I had a Mac for about 30 minutes before I decided to take it back heh.

The hardware was great, just didn't the OS. (I know I could of installed something else but in the end it just wasn't worth it for the price)

3. 7zer0z

7zer0z New Member

The OS is one of things about Macs that I've never really liked. I mean its cool and all and looks nice but its kind of too simple. There are a lot more things you can do on Windows that you can't do on Macs. But OS operates so smoothly and without too many problems whereas Windows doesn't always run as well.

4. GearZ

GearZ Member

A while back, I'd say no. I was never a really big fan of Apple's offerings. Now, I would grudgingly say yes. My main box for "on the road" is MacBook Air. It dual boots between Mac OS X and Windows 7 and I can always drop to Unix in the Mac side of things. The thing is super light and fast. Most importantly there is a "just works" factor that I like for a mobile until.

To each their own though.

5. hiddenwolf

hiddenwolf New Member

No, the price is completely outrageous. If its just the esthetics you like then go for it. Its your money do what you want with it. But if its cause you like the OS and how smooth it runs you might want to do some research on Linux. The only way a Linux can get a virus is if you download from a untrusted third party.

The best part Linux can be burned to a CD and taken for a test drive before you even install anything. So before you throw out a couple thousand you might think about just switch operating systems first.

6. musicmonster

musicmonster New Member

For me, I would say it's worth it. I have never had any problems with it since I got it the first time. I have no complains at all.