Best Android Phone

Discussion in 'Android' started by BCH, Aug 28, 2013.

1. BCH

BCH New Member

I'm currently using the Nexus 4 and it's great but I'm considering upgrading at some point in the next 6 months and I want to know what some good phones that are already out and coming out soon. I am interested in a Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

2. Symthic

Symthic Member

I'm really impressed with the features that the Motorola X has, but if you're a geek and want awesome specs, then I would go with a Google Play Edition HTC One or S4. I personally prefer the HTC One over the S4, but both phones have their pros and cons.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Samsung Galaxy S4 all the way! I looked at the HTC One before I made my decision to buy my S4 but I suppose a lot of it is just preference.

4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

If you would like a sleek phone design, the HTC One would be your best choice. However, it doesn't have a memory card slot. If you don't mind a plastic design, go with the S4. It's the best Android phone if you disregard the design. You could also go for the Note 2 if you want a stylus coupled with your device or you could just wait for the Note 3.

5. NicheGuy

NicheGuy New Member

I'm currently using an HTC One - it works well, the screen resolution is great and all my apps work great as well.

I may upgrade to Samsung in the future however.

6. Qamra

Qamra New Member

I have HTC One X. Although its' younger brother HTC One is more popular, I still prefer the older one.
    I love the big screen, it's nice in touch, easy to use, will open nearly any app, has got really nice RAM and built-in memory, overall my favorite.
    I might be upgrading soon but HTC One X is still staying with me as a second phone.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I love HTC phone, though the very first HTC I got (Excalibur) was Windows Mobile-powered.

Perhaps while I like my actual Android HTC, I feel it lacks of many features (or powerful Wi-Wi) when I compare it with my earlier phone.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Right now I would say either the Moto X, HTC One Google Edition or the Nexus 4. The first one because of the build quality, customization, always listening mode, battery life and near-stock android. The second because of the amazing design and build quality, and remember it's a Google Edition! The Nexus 4 is the best device you can get in that price range.

The Nexus 5 is just around the corner though, I think it'll probably be the best android device for a looooong time. If you are thinking about getting a new phone, just wait for the Nexus 5.

p.s.: The Samsung S4 is a solid device, but Touchwiz is so bloated and laggy it's embarassing.

9. Symthic

Symthic Member

I agree with all of your choices except for the Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 is a great phone, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't have flagship specs, which is reflected in it's $200 price point. It basically has the same specs as the Samsung Galaxy S3, so I wouldn't put it as the best android phone overall, but it would definitely be the best android phone in the $200~500 price range. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S4 also has a Google Play Edition that will get rid of Touchwiz, or you could just install CyanogenMod, which will effectively turn it into the Google Play Edition. I'm also surprised that the Note 3 isn't on your list. It may be a bit big for some people, but it has flagship specs (fastest Android phone right now) and can record 4k video. It also has a HUGE battery. If you take out the Note 3's battery and compare it to the iPhone 5s, the battery of the Note 3 is the size of the iPhone's screen and it has over twice the iPhone's battery in mAh

Sparkster likes this.
  10. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

There are a lot of great phones but I tried to select a few among all the options. I included the Nexus 4 just because it's the best android phone in that price range, the S3 is similar but between the two the Nexus is without a doubt the best. The S4 GE is a great device, but I had to chose the best one so I went with the HTC One because of the design and build quality. I totally forgot about the Note 3 and I agree with you, it's an awesome device and it deserves some recognition...even with Touchwiz.

11. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Samsung S4 is a good phone, however, the battery life doesn't last comparing to previous Samsung S-phone series. I think the Samsung Note 2 is very good, which has a faster processor. It's a powerful that offers lots of features such as true multitasking, Air-View, S-Pen, and more.

12. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Right now the very best Android phone is Google Nexus 5. I've seen the 32 GB version at Amazon for less than $500 but I think the 16GB is available for $350. It's a shame that the phone isn't available for my country yet but I'll grab one of these as soon as I can.

Just today I was reading a news at Slashdot that said that the Nexus 5 challenges the iPhone 5s in benchmarks. The Nexus is a really impressive phone.

13. Symthic

Symthic Member

I'd have to disagree with that. The Nexus 5 had to cut a lot of corners to be able to be sold at only $350. The speaker is tiny and is positioned similarly to those on an iPhone 5, the battery life is pretty short, and the camera is below average due to it's software. I personally think that the Note 3 is the best phone right now if you don't mind having such a large phone. The only real gripe I have about it is that it's plastic and has a very small speaker. It also has a HUGE battery and has a great camera, which can take 4k videos.

14. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I personally don't like smartphones to be as big as the Note 3. I would take the Nexus 5 every day. Specially for its price.

15. TheViper

TheViper Member

The best android currently out their would have to be the Note 3. It is pretty much all you could want in a phone.. The phone looks like it was sculpted by the hands of God and instilled tremendous power!

There are other phones out there that just release the same thing every year. With the Note 3 you got to experience what a real smartphone was like.

16. DjoBoy

DjoBoy New Member

I think that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the good phone. It has everything good. The only problem is, that the battery isn't long enough.

17. babyleans

babyleans New Member

i personally recommend the galaxy s4. i can tell you from experience that this phone is amazing. htc one doesn't have the features that the s4 has. the camera is exceptional.

18. TainaF

TainaF New Member

I love my Nexus 5. I had it for over a year. I'm not switching anytime soon. The only issue I have with it are the bug reports, but I've already addressed that problem.

19. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is probably the most reputable and popular one I can think of. However, I am personally more of a fan of HTC and would say the HTC One is better in my opinion.