Best media player?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by ozadin, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadin Member

Which media player do you like the most and why?

I personally use Windows Media Player and I think it's pretty great. The design is pretty simple, and it gets the job down when watching videos or movies on it. The only downside of it is it can't play certain files like .swf files and some others.

2. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

VLC! Absolutely love VLC. iTunes for music, VLC for everything else. Literally everything. I've never not had it play a file for me.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I had an issue once with VLC lol. Probably because I was the one who trans-coded it though.

But yeah other than that VLC is awesome.

4. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

VLC is like the ultimate media player! I love it!

Another great player is Media Player Classic. I always use VLC but there are some times when it does not run smooth (I think it's more an issue on the hardware I'm using) and then I use MPC.

5. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

Chances are it has a setting you can tweak to get whatever it was to play smoothly :p

6. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Yes you are right. But I think it might be more a hardware problem because the same video can playback well VLC and then when I try to watch it again moments later it start doing funny things.

7. vcx _vgg

vcx _vgg New Member

Try Winamp It's got tons of plugins and skins. It doesn't use very much memory either.

8. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Wow it's been way too much years since I used Winamp. I don't know how is it now but on the late 90's and early 2000's it was the best mp3 player. I stopped using it when they release version 3 and then came to use it again briefly on version 5 but by then I think I was already using VLC. Besides I really never liked winamp as a video player. It didn't feel right.

9. vcx _vgg

vcx _vgg New Member

Yeah for videos, I'd stick with VLC, but for any kind of music, I'd choose Winamp any day xD

10. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

I choose VLC player over all other media players. In VLC player, I don't need to think about various video formats as it can play almost every video formats.

11. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Ok, maybe VLC doesn't have a good interface like the classic Winamp one. I really liked Winamp's playlist.

But still I prefer VLC any day.

12. sonic

sonic New Member

I'm using JetAudio for music and Splash PRO eX for movies. JetAudio is pretty awesome. It Supports all major digital audio/video file formats. Player includes tools for ripping, burning, external recording, file conversion, tag editing, broadcasting, etc. There is also a timer and alarm utility that can control other computer functions.

13. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

Yeah, but VLC's simple & plain interface is pretty great, too :p Doesn't need to be fancy to get the job done well!

14. altrouge

altrouge Member

I'd have to say VLC. It's probably the only media player I've used that hasn't caused me any problems or any form of hassle. It looks simple as well and is easy to use.

15. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

Generally speaking, I like Windows Media Player. My big gripe with it was with their last redesign, they made the progress bar too thin and it's a pain in the but to select when you want to drag it to various points in a video. I used to use a really cool visualization plugin for it call G-Force, or something like that.

Does anyone remember Winamp? I used to love that program back in the day, when I would totally pimp out my desktop and customize the appearance of everything. I loved how it had a small profile and would sit in the corner while I was browsing.

16. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I use DirectX media player it works just as well as VLC and also free just has a nicer layout in my opinion.

17. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Since Winamp is gone, VLC is now the best media player that we have. Personally I always update it whenever a new one comes up. I do not want to be left behind when it comes to getting use of those new extra features.

18. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

I used to always play my videos on Windows Media Player but then one day, I found out about VLC.I would personally recommend for you to use this media player. I love it's simplicity and features. The real reason why I love this because sometimes subtitles don't appear on Windows Media Player and when I play it on VLC, it appears. You can also adjust the video and audio if it is not on sync which is an amazing feature of the VLC Media Player. I hope you have a great time using VLC, I know I did!

19. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I see that nearly everyone else has said this but...... VLC. It's being recommended so much because it is just so great. It can run any type of file that you desire!. I hope that my comment helped.

20. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

I have to say VLC is probably the best one for me. It can play a lot of file formats, from MP3 files to MKV files. It's fast, light and best part is, it's totally free.