Best way to learn how to use Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by eMike22, Dec 17, 2014.

1. eMike22

eMike22 New Member

I've been using Photoshop for over 7 years now, and I'm quite comfortable with working with it now. The secret to learning how to use any program, is actually using it. Practise everyday, even if you don't really know what you're doing. Watch lots of YouTube tutorials, but also feel free to experiment. You should allocate at least an hour everyday to messing around with all the different tools in Photoshop. The most important part, however, is enjoying what you're doing. If you're not interested in photography/photo manipulation/graphic design, there's no point in forcing yourself to learn a skill that you're never going to use.

2. hiddenwolf

hiddenwolf New Member

Youtube is a great resource for all kinds of tutorials. In fact its how I'm learning CSS. I've seen a lot of good videos on Lynda as well. There's plenty of tutorials there on Photoshop.

3. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 New Member

Experience. That's how I learnt at first, though. Don't try to make something look good when you're first starting out. Learn what every button does and once you have a feel of it you can start doing some pretty interesting stuff.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

My problem with Photoshop is that I don't have the patience to practice everyday, and much less the time to watch video tutorials on YouTube.

Besides, I have never learned from tutorials whether in video, print or the web, but mostly from practice, and therefore if I would have enough time to spend trying Photoshop, probably I could make it.

However my lack of patience comes precisely from my lack of time. Maybe some day I can devote time to this great software and learn how to use it because actually seems to confusing to my simple graphics need.