Can you suggest any presentation software aside from PowerPoint?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by lindbergh, Jul 8, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I will be presenting a report 2 weeks from now in one of my Master's Degree class. Of course I have PowerPoint installed in my NetBook but I want something else. I want a software that would make my presentation look unique when I would deliver my report in front of the class. Any ideas?

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Should check out http://prezi.com/ a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it you can do some cool stuff.

3. ozadin

ozadin Member

You can also try Google Docs, they have a built in Powerpoint-like option, it's very similar to it, and basically has the same functions and options as Powerpoint. You can also try http://prezentit.com/ if Google Docs Presentation doesn't work for you. Prezi is also a good alternative like draalin said.

4. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

There is a slide tool from a company called Kingsoft that looks pretty good, though I have not tried it personally.

I believe OpenOffice comes with a slideshow tool as well, and it is free as well.

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14Cat Member

There are few different alternatives to Microsoft Powerpoint:
    1. Google Docs (Provides a full office suite)
    2. OpenOffice
    3. LibreOffice
    Those 3 programs alone provide great alternatives to MS Office that are quite similar in format and style, as well as being compatible with MS Office.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

If you have a Mac I would suggest Keynote it can do everything that PowerPoint can do and then some if you don't have a Mac then I would recommend Google Docs.

7. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

I love Prezi. You can download it online for free. I personally think that Prezi has much better features that Microsoft Office Powerpoint. It looks more professional and organized. You can tell a story through pictures and it's just amazing, you should try it. Good luck on your future presentations and I hope you love Prezi as much as I do!