Convince me to buy a Macintosh

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by themarksquared, May 29, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day, draalin people!

Today, I have a challenge for you. I have never bought a Macintosh or any Apple product, as a whole. I never really believed that owning one would be essential for me to live comfortably. I already own a high-end laptop which provides me with my needs, so why would I bother on buying a Mac? In addition to that, I find these kinds of laptops so expensive! I could buy three high-end laptops with that money!

Alright, imagine that I'm a customer and you're a salesman for Apple. How would you convince me to buy your product? What feature would be the selling point of the laptop?

Discuss :).

Thanks!

2. daenerys

daenerys Member

It's like saying, I drive a Honda Civic, tell me why a BMW is better. Well, everything is just nicer.

I look at it like this. When I was young, I used to love messing with computers, I would always be messing with new things to add to my computer, and fixing things that get messed up, customizing Windows so it'd be how I want it, etc. And that's fine when you're into all that. At this point in my life though, I much prefer having a laptop that just works. I don't worry about viruses, I don't wonder why my laptop is getting slow, I don't have to defrag the harddrive every so often, or edit things in the registry. I just open my Mac and do whatever I want to do, then close it. And it works.

It's hard for me to explain to you the million little nuances of OSX that make a Mac great. The one way I can really tell you to know for sure is to buy one. Ask the Apple people to make sure, but I think they have a 14 day total return policy. So buy yourself whatever MacBook you think you'd like, try it for 14 days and see if you get into it, if not, return it.

3. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

This is the type of reply that I'm looking for. You are very convincing and I like that. You have a point when you said that the Mac is pretty much simpler than Windows. You don't need to to do those tweaking stuff because the Macintosh does it for you. Based on what I've seen from the Macs of my friends, their laptops are very fast compared to some non-Apple laptops I've seen. If they want to use their Macintosh, they just need to open it. If they're tired of using it, they are just required to close the lid. Very simple, yet reliable.

Now the only problem is if only I had the money to buy such product. :p.

4. daenerys

daenerys Member

Another thing too is, they resale well. So if you decide that when you want a newer model, you can sell your old one for a nice chunk of change if you take decent care of it. I sold my MacBook Pro for 700ish when I bought my Air. So that help recoup cost too. You just have to resolve to bother with selling it on eBay when you're done. Another good example of this is iPhones, when an iPhone comes out and I'm due for an upgrade, I can sell my old one for at least $200 usually, and then upgrading becomes free.