Dedicated Antivirus or Windows Firewall?

Discussion in 'Security' started by GenevB, May 12, 2015.

?

What do you use?

1. Dedicated Antivirus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Windows Firewall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GenevB

GenevB New Member

Hello guys, I want to know your opinion about using an antivirus, what do you prefer, the standard firewall that comes along with Windows package, or you prefer to use a dedicated antivirus which theoretically protects your data better? Do any of you use both? Do you think that Firewall protects your PC at all?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

My vote goes for a missing option: none of them.

To be honest, I used to be very worried about viruses and tried loads of antivirus including Avira, AVG, Clam AV and many more, including Norton Antivirus and Symantec, often included with a new computer I had to purchase.

Nonetheless, I ended up discovering most antivirus bloat your operating system, and the more you have been online, the more you can surf safe.

In the early days I used to fall in tricks like opening infected attachments or not being aware of background malware installation. Today I know most of the tricks to avoid getting my computer infected and can detect bad neighborhoods with ease to avoid them.

So that, I do not longer use any antivirus. When I switched to the actual laptop I am using now, I left turned on Windows Firewall/Defender and seemed to do the job efficiently, but I disabled it to improve surfing speed.

Firewalls and antivirus slowdown one's computer.

3. GenevB

GenevB New Member

I have to fully agree with you, now I'm only using windows firewall too especially that I have had some contacts with hacking world a time ago and I've had to let my antiviruses off because it won't let me use folders that are being harmless but has malicious properties.

MyDigitalpoint likes this.