Desktop Slideshow

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by EdenSB, May 23, 2013.

1. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

My favorite feature of Windows 7 is the Desktop slideshow. There used to be applications which you had to download separately to do it, but I like it. I don't have many myself, but it's always fun using my friend's computer as he has about a hundred funny or meme-based wallpapers which changes quite often.

If you don't know how to do this, right click on your Desktop and choose Personalize, then Desktop Background. Hold Ctrl while you select wallpapers. You can choose how often they change and you can choose if they shuffle the order.

2. Kreemz

Kreemz New Member

Really? I actually have a love-hate relationship with it. Even though it takes away the tedious task of changing wallpapers yourself constantly, sometimes I feel like it's helping to give me a headache. The feel of a constant/stagnant background somehow helps me concentrate and feel, well, better.

I'm not too sure if it's just me, or the fact that I've been on the computer for such long periods of time. Nevertheless, I agree that the desktop slideshow was a good feature to add in :). At least it's helpful for someone!

3. kdlt

kdlt Member

I agree! I generally prefer a stand-alone wallpaper (like the House Targaryen wallpaper that I currently am sporting.) But if I know my grandmother will be visiting or if I take my computer to her house, I like to use the wallpaper as a slideshow with family pictures on it. I'll download pictures off of Facebook and since she's lousy with technology, it's easier for her to just watch them flip through instead of trying to click around.

4. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I hate desktop screen savers. My favorite thing about Windows 7 would have to be the animations. I love how the applications open and close. Also the speed is absolutely a positive thing.

5. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I find them to be pretty distracting. I was playing around with Windows 7 just to see what I could do to customize it or spruce it up, and I was also surprised to see that you can have video wallpapers as well. Of course it's rather tricky finding looping video clips that are as large as your desktop, especially if you have a large, non-standard size.

I tried out a few stock video clips, and it was fun for a moment, but I eventually got rid of them because they were giving me a headache.

6. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

I love the Desktop Themes, I don't like them changing to often because it is distracting for me, and I have my favorites out of each Theme group. I'll usually set it to 15 minutes, or, just choose one photo to use for a week or more.

Another thing I like about Windows 7 is the taskbar. I like how the icons can be pinned to the bar, and I like how putting the cursor over each shows you how many pages are open:) I recently changed to double-clicking icons, to single-clicking. It was nice to know if I accidentally had more then one Firefox running for example.