Did you own a Vista? Why? Why not?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by themarksquared, Jun 1, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day, draalinists!

Two of the previous threads that I've started in this sub-forum was about what they loved and hated about the Windows Vista OS. Some of the answers were based on what they heard from other people, while some were based on their experiences with the OS.

With that, I would like to ask. Did you own a Vista device? Why? Why not?

Feel free to share!

2. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I own a Gateway desktop that came with Windows Vista. I suffered with it for a while because there where some applications I needed for school that only run on Windows (some applications to develop in VHDL). The moment I didn't need to use those applications any more I deleted Vista from the hard drive and installed Linux.

I sold that PC last year and before selling it I installed Windows XP.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Nope, I skipped Vista completely.

Used XP right up until Windows 7 msdn release candidate was available.

4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I never installed Vista on my PC or laptop too since I found XP to be very functional back then (until now). I think Vista looked good. My cousin had it in his laptop. I was envious of the look of the folders and icons and such but I was not compelled to upgrade.

5. altrouge

altrouge Member

Nope, I stayed with Windows XP until Windows 7 came out. It looked nice, yes, but I still preferred my XP especially as I was still a lot into games that time. W7 turned out good though which is why I switched eventually.

6. ozadin

ozadin Member

Never used Vista in my life before, barely noticed that it actually was an OS. I went from Windows XP to Windows 7, but the two designs look fairly similar to eachother.

7. NicheGuy

NicheGuy New Member

I own two Vista devices - a desktop and laptop. I really never considered the operating system a lot, I've always used Windows machine so when it was time to buy a faster, newer machine and a laptop they had Vista.

8. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Sadly yes my laptop came with windows vista I only had it for a few days I believe then I downgraded back to widows xp until windows 7 came out.

9. Sly14Cat

Sly14Cat Member

I'm one of those Vista haters. This was before I knew much about computers mind you and I was quite young, so when I heard a family friend who always came by say "Want to try out this upgraded version of Windows?" we said yes and were happy to see what would come out of it. We hated it. I don't remember too much what was wrong with it but I definitely remember that it was just a pain to use. A year or so later he suggested Windows 7 and although we were hesitant we tried it out and it worked great. He doesn't work with computers any more and watching him while I was young got me interested in computers and now I'm the technician AKA (when something goes wrong I gotta fix it :p). So yes, I hated Vista and now I use 95% Linux and 5% Windows 8.

10. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

I owned a Vista but it was just because there weren't many other options in terms of operating systems. I thought it was better than XP but not as good as some other available operating systems out there. But that's just my opinion.

11. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

The first vista (and only vista) I had was for the first computer I ever built myself. I think people exaggerated how bad it was but let's just say I very happy when I could switch to windows 7.

12. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I did own Vista, I did not like it. Now that I thin back on it, Vista was basically just Windows 7 starter edition. It seems like Microsoft make every-other OS they release bad on purpose.

13. GearZ

GearZ Member

I have one test box (physical) and one VM (Virtual) setup with Vista for testing only. I don't have it on any system I actually use. One box I bought in that era came with Vista, but I "downgraded" (teehee) it to XP because Vista was so bad. When Windows 7 came out, I didn't look back.

14. mairj23

mairj23 Member

Yes I owned Vista a long time ago. It was ok for the point in time but technology just keeps getting better. Vista couldn't survive now days with the more upgraded and advanced OS.

15. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 New Member

When my sister got her laptop it had Windows Vista on it. It was so so bad and it would give errors left and right so we decided to upgrade to 7. She never had any problems with it after that ;)

16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Being a frantic user of Windows 98SE, I didn't like ME, nor Windows 2000, so when XP appeared into the Microsoft scene, I was happy to try it, but didn't like me at all either.

Later, I bought a laptop that came with Vista pre-installed, and I thought to have made the best deal ever for the price I got it.

Vista was so bad that I ended up finding the way to downgrade the OS to XP, since I couldn't do it to any system before this but I thought "better XP than this %$@#"