Do you download applications from torrent sites?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by lindbergh, May 9, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Whoa, really? Where are you from and what did your friend download and how did they find out? That's quite a large sum of money! I'm glad that they are not that strict here in my place. Want me to send you some files that you want to download on torrent sites? Lol.

2. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I use torrent to download Linux distrubutions. I also download lots of music concerts from sites like Dime A Dozen.

3. Pickpktlongshot

Pickpktlongshot New Member

I used to be guilty of torrenting programs when I was an unemployed student. However, since getting a paycheck, I have purchased all programs, videos, and music I want. I've had too many friends get fined for torrenting.

4. glassjaw93

glassjaw93 New Member

I can't lie, I definitely have gotten programs such as Photoshop and Lightroom off of Torrents before. I do plan on actually buying and supporting Adobe when I get a well paying job and have the means to but right now they're necessary tools for me and I just don't have the spare cash.

5. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

I won't lie. I could be called a pirate of sorts. I dabble in the art of magnets and torrent files. I personally do not see anything wrong with file sharing, and any attemps to stop it, are basically pointless, as universal file sharing is unstoppable unless you strictly, and I mean, strictly moniter every IP address, or shut down the internet.

6. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I'm against downloading application on torrents. You never really know what you are downloading. The apps can harm your computer when you open them and may contain a virus of some sort. I rather than dish the money out to purchase the app then to dish it out getting my computer fixed when it could have been prevented in the first place.

7. skywatcher

skywatcher New Member

Nope. I don't torrent applications because I think it's risky (and illegal, too - I'm kinda scared of these things). But aside from that, even if I do use torrent, I only do it for games and movies (which I do admit to deleting them as soon as I'm done with them). But for applications, I think I'd like to check if it could be downloaded for free (or at least a trial) from any official sites just to be sure.

8. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

I still do and always will. Its far too easy to get the ap I need for free when normally I would have to pay 150$ for it. No thanks, plus they are withdrawing the version I prefer and forcing the awful new kid on the block on everyone. *cough*

9. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I do, I feel bad about torrenting but I do it anyway. I would pay for all these applications if I could but I don't have the money. I pay for applications here and try to give money when I can. I'm not really worried about viruses because I only download torrents from trusted users.

10. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

As much as I would like to lie but yes, I do download softwares from torrents. Not only softwares but also movies, music and tv shows. I'm not proud of what I do but really can you blame someone for using torrent? Things costs so much these days. Everything is so expensive. Living everyday is hard enough and I would like to get the things I do for pleasure to be free and not lessen by budget for everyday expenses. Though, I do not download applications for my phone through torrent only softwares and other things since they cost so much and not really a part of my budget. Don't get me wrong, I would really like to support the developers and makers of the stuff that I download illegally through buying their products but I don't have that much money.To everyone I've downloaded illegally from, I'm sorry. I respect and love the products and softwares that you developed.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

Yes I do, but not because of the obvious reasons. Let's say there's a new version of an application and I want to try it first hand, I go to torrent sites and download one and once I felt I've had a fair grasp of it, I would then purchase one the legal way. I worked as a software developer before, also in game development and the hours put into developing applications is no joke, and having people get it for free is kind of heartbreaking. I'm not against torrent sites, I think these sites are a great form of advertising, but if you like it, you should buy it.