Do you enjoy using Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jodiann12, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jodiann12

jodiann12 New Member

Is there anybody here who enjoys using Windows 8? I have heard and seen a lot of negative reviews about the operating system, but there are some people who enjoy using it. If that is the case, could please tell me why?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Enjoying it? Not really!

This is a sort of "toy" operating system that tries to emulate a tablet functionality and is not suitable for a productive environment that is my main requirement.

To play around or watching multimedia files I have a real tablet, no need to waste system resources (and space) having a full-computer (or laptop) running this toy that only serves for that, watching videos or play games.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

It has been great for me so far, I haven't seen anything metro related since my initial installation.

The advantages I see to using Windows 8 is the built in MSE, tons of extra drivers, and a much faster boot time.

I get the odd crash which sucks but I'm pretty sure its just me putting too much load on my CPU.

4. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

When I tried windows 8 I couldn't stand it eventually I went back to windows 7 maybe one day I will give it another try because when I last tried it that was a long time ago I am sure they improved it since then.

5. ddrmario

ddrmario New Member

Windows 8 seems to be made to suit tablets. It is also so much more convenient on a laptop with a touchscreen. I believe that's what it was meant for, having Windows 8 on a desktop or a laptop with no touchscreen like me seems to just limit its potential. All of the features feel like an annoyance rather than a plus. So I try my best to emulate Windows 7 by getting the Classic Start Menu because one of the biggest change for me was the fact that the Start button disappeared all together.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I have it on a non-touchscreen laptop, but I'm discovering that there are many new shortcuts that bring the functionality that Windows 8 has with touchscreen devices, so the potential of this operating system is not lost at all.

7. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Windows 8 is good in terms of its design and booting time. It boots very fast and you can start working on your PC in not time. This is unlike other versions of Windows which you to wait like for ever for them to boot.