Do you have a case for your Android phone or is it naked?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Jaxter, Sep 26, 2013.

?

Do you have a case for your Android phone or is it naked?

1. Yes, I use a case for my phone

64.7%
  2. No, I do not use a case for my phone

35.3%
  1. Jaxter

Jaxter New Member

I personally don't use a case for my phone cause I don't like the added bulk to it and I find that my phone looks better without it. I have a S4 so I am able to remove to back cover and replace it with something else. Right now I am using an aluminum backing so that is the only accessory change I have made on my phone. Right now it looks very sleek so I am happy to have no case covering it. I'm also very protective and anal about how I treat my phone so I have never dropped it before and am confident that I can still keep it in pristine condition without a case. **knock on wood**

2. JakeNoolan

JakeNoolan New Member

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Yes, I have a case for my phone. I got the case of my Galaxy Note 2 for 25 bucks. It's a bit costly but it looks pretty cool. And it keeps the screen from getting scratches. It does not make the phone bulky either. It's good practice to always get a case for your phone for extra protection.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Well, my first concern was having a case for my new Android phone keeping in mind how badly other phones got scratches all over, but for some reasons having a case makes hard for me using the phone, so I eventually took off the case and my phone is naked now, just as all my other previous cell phones.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I use a case, but not for the protection I take good care of my stuff, but I like them because they make your phone look cooler in my opinion.

6. Symthic

Symthic Member

I have a case for my Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500L) because I'm pretty clumsy with my phone and drop it very often. Luckily, this is a pretty old phone and even without a case I think it would survive all of my drops, but it never hurts to be careful. I also have an anti-glare screen protector on my phone because it helps whenever the environment I'm in is bright (I turn brightness all the way down) and I like how the screen protector feels way more than how the screen feels without a protector.

7. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I personally don't really care for the case for my phone. It makes the phone look and feel bulky, which is harder for me to carry in my pocket. The only thing I would need a case is for my tablet, which I want to protect it against bump and dust. For phones, I think holding it 'naked' is much better and easier for me to hold.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

No, I don't use it anymore. I had a case for my old Acer Liquid, but I haven't used one since I got my Nexus One (and then my nexus S) and they haven't got a scratch. I think cases make the phone bulky and a little uncomfortable to hold, and I like to feel the device when I'm holding it.

9. Qamra

Qamra New Member

I have a flip open case. It's fake leather but it's nice in touch and holds my phone well. It's only annoying when the phone slides a bit inside and the camera doesn't fit in the hole in the back and I need to adjust it before taking pics.
    I dropped my phone many times and there is no damage at all. Nice, effective case for less than 6 dollars, I don't see why I would spend more than that. It also has got some pockets for credit cards and cash. All I need!

10. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

11. ddrmario

ddrmario New Member

I have a case for my Galaxy S4 as well. There was this event at my school where they were advertising the newest Samsung products and they gave out free phone cases. It was an orange case with the flip covers. Although it didn't have the slots to put credit cards and ID's in, it was still a good case. It also replaces your back cover, so my phone is more colorful now. I don't like the cover as much because there isn't a hole that allows the indicator lights to show, which sucks for texting and other apps.

12. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Oh, I have just noticed about that too. We won't be able to look at the indicator lights because the flip cover will cover the front of the phone. I think it's good for phones that don't have indicator lights, but for most Samsung Galaxy phones, they have indicator lights.

13. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I use a case mainly to protect it but when it becomes uncomfortable, I normally remove it and switch to the default case. I do take a lot of research before buying a case. I love something which can be the talk of the house as soon as I put it on the phone.

14. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I like to have my phone naked. I hate the cases that come for the phones and really think that they hardly do any protecting especially on a touch screen phone. There really is nothing to protect and so i would rather have it naked and easy to access.

15. Haleigh

Haleigh New Member

My Atrix HD doesn't currently have a case. While I look the slim and sleek look of it without one, I definitely don't like the stress every time I almost drop it. So unfortunately, I will be purchasing an Otterbox shortly after the holidays.

16. babyleans

babyleans New Member

i don't like cases either. however sometimes i do have to use it because my phone tends to slip easily from my hand. its very smooth and slippery. but when im just in the house i just take the cover off.

17. Thephantom638

Thephantom638 New Member

Yeah, I use an Otterbox commuter with my HTC one. Although I do prefer the look and the feel of the naked phone, the added security of me knowing that my phone won't break if I drop it is something I value. However if the case becomes annoying or uncomfortable, I'd remove it.

18. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

My Android is as naked as the day it was born. I don't usually bother getting cases for my phones but I probably should. I might consider getting a case when I get the M8, that looks like a very scratch-able phone.

19. Oogles

Oogles Member

I never buy covers for my phone and now I'm glad that I never bought one. Cause now I have the right to call my phone naked. :love: On a serious not, I never buy it a case cause I usually keep my phone in a pouch and putting it inside a case would be annoying especially with a rubber case then everything will just rub itself against it and stick. Making everything fall out of my pouch.:dead:

20. thebeardlesswonder

thebeardlesswonder New Member

I hate cases. I always carry my phones naked. I keep my phones very clean and never have issues with scratches on them.