Do you prefer Android or Windows phones?

Discussion in 'Android' started by soulite, Jun 23, 2014.

1. soulite

soulite New Member

I haven't tried out any Windows Phones and I was thinking about getting one. I've been a long time Android fanboy, but I'm thinking it might be time to make a switch. Which would all of you recommend?

2. babyleans

babyleans New Member

Hey, i have never tried a windows phone either. It looks pretty good on the advertisements but the phones it comes on are pretty small which doesn't work for me. I love android too.

3. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I haven't tried using a windows phone yet as well, so for me, there's no point of comparison. But, just to ask, why were you thinking of switching? Is it because of the features, or just for a change?

4. LifeOrDeath

LifeOrDeath New Member

Personally I prefer android due to the larger amount of apps available on the market. Windows is also a good choice. But it seems be a bit stagnant in terms of development. They don't seem to pump out as much content as androids. I would choose android right now just because you have more options.

5. missbishi

missbishi Member

I've yet to try a Windows phone too. I only purchased my current phone three months ago so I'm going to wait until Windows 10 becomes available before I upgrade. Android definitely has the edge when it comes to apps but I think that this will change with Windows 10. I have even read that Microsoft is considering allowing Windows 10 to run Android apps next year. Would they work as they should in the Windows environment though?

6. GearZ

GearZ Member

On a phone or tablet, Android. On a notebook or desktop, Windows. Never the twain shall meet. ;)

7. missbishi

missbishi Member

That's what they're planning with Windows 10! One operating system that works across all devices. I can't see it working well. after all, we are used to Android on small screens in the same way we are used to Windows on a desktop. I know Microsoft think a universal system will make life easier but I think it will just cause problems. People don't like change at the best of times.

8. GearZ

GearZ Member

+1 to this. That is why, at least for me anyway, I find Android fine for mobile and MS fine for most traditional computing. Mixing the two is of no interest to me personally and I'd hope the guys in Redmond realize the reason why Windows 8 was such a gigantic flop. I get the idea about one unified interface for all devices and sounds fine in theory, but in practice, meh.

9. mairj23

mairj23 Member

I've always used Android phones but these new Windows phones are just as nice. My only thing is that Microsoft seems to always have some kind of bug, especially with the computers. The phones look cool and I like how the tiles move and spin. The Nokia Windows phone, with Cortana, is probably my next purchase.

10. surya kumar

surya kumar New Member

Now the recent high end windows phones were good But not all the windows phones, How ever Android phones are best for me We have number manufacturers and with more advances with that.