Do you use Debian on your web server?

Discussion in 'Debian' started by JakeNoolan, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JakeNoolan

JakeNoolan New Member

I have dedicated 64GB AMD box running on SSDs under Debian Squeeze and wondered how many of you use Debian on your web server?

For a control panel I use Webmin - a fantastic and free web-based interface for system administration for Unix - what do you use?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I like Webmin as control panel regardless the distro installed on it.

However I prefer CentOS despite I started playing with my own VPS having Debian as my first distro choice.

Probably this was because going straight to manage myself a server, I was server admin for a friend's server running Red Hat and I was so familiar with this operating system that when I had the choice to choose my own distro but unable to pay a commercial solution, I came across with CentOS being the open source alternative for it.

Even though, many times I feel tempted to try Debian again because I liked at first, but it was confusing to me due to differences between this and Red Hat that today I understand better and could give it a second chance.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I have a Debian VM that I used when testing stuff but haven't ran it in a while.

Been using Ubuntu Server for media/school stuff at home and CentOS for work related tasks typically.