Does Anybody Here Use Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by tribie, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tribie

tribie New Member

I now have both Windows and OSX on my iMac but since I had done this it has become very slow. What do you think is the problem? My other friend has the same set up but he says that his whole system is working fine. If you have any ideas on what is causing my system to be slow please do tell me. Thanks :)

2. altrouge

altrouge Member

I have Windows 7 on my bootcamp and I didn't really notice any difference. Well if there was it just didn't bother me. What did you mean by slow? Boot time? Or the whole general usage of your laptop?

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Never used it before! Then again I only used a Mac for about 5 minutes! :cautious:

4. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I have a friend that runs on Bootcamp, and it works very well for him. He's not encountered any problems, and he can play League of Legends and other games just fine.

5. BlackBolt_

BlackBolt_ New Member

What is slow; Windows/OSX or both? Also how much space is your HDD and how much did you partition?
    Sounds like it might be something to do with the amount of space you have left in each partition. I have XP on my MBP and it doesn't affect anything. I gave it only 22GB from my 250GB HDD.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I don't run Bootcamp I have a hackintosh that runs both OS just fine, but most if not all my friends that do own Macs they all have Bootcamp on their machines and it runs just fine for them the only exception is when they try and play certain PC games.

7. daenerys

daenerys Member

Yeah, I run both, but I barely ever use Windows. I didn't notice it making my OSX slower at all. I can't even think of why it would, unless your hard drive is just too full. I would search how much space you need free for optimal OSX speed. Otherwise, they OSes are on completely different partitions and don't run at the same time, so it shouldn't hurt your performance at all. Windows runs great for me too, but like ENO said, you do notice a difference if you try to run games.

8. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I do. I have a MacBook laptop, which I bought it back in 2003. One of my friends has installed a Windows OS on it, which it's Window 7. I hardly use the Windows OS because all my files are on my Mac OS. I much prefer the Mac OS because it is very user-friendly and very easy to navigate. I think I get used to the fact that I use Mac OS more than Windows OS ever since my HP had the blue screen, which drove me crazy.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

This is the reason why Windows 7 tries to mimic Mac OS, because this operating system came after Microsfot's failed Windows Vista and losing users who stepped back to XP or moved to Mac, they decided to take advantage of Mac user-friendly OS and replicate it, of course, with a few differences and obviously not the same functionality.

10. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I have bootcamp on my mac and I have never really had any challenges. I think that maybe the specs on your mac are not strong enough to handle both operating systems or maybe there is not enough space on your computer. This should not really be an issue though