Favorite Instant Messenger software?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by draalin, May 12, 2013.

1. Pickpktlongshot

Pickpktlongshot New Member

I typically use Skype. Almost everyone has a skype account now and its instant messaging service does the job. I have had issues with it freezing occasionally, but not anytime recently.

2. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I remember those days when everyone had an AIM! No on really uses it anymore so I've moved on to other instant messaging apps. I'm an Apple owner so I enjoy the iMessage application. I also found myself using Skype lately.

3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I didn't know Trillian was still around, wow I used to use that back in the late 90's - early 2000's. I got sick of leaving the AOL software open all the time just to keep my chat window open, and I hated the AOL Instant Messenger client, with those annoying ads, so I was always looking for alternatives.

Another one that I started using was Pidgin. It would not only work with AOL, but many other chat clients, and it was/is free.

4. Clanky

Clanky New Member

Skype. I don't use any other messengers at the moment as all of the people I have to talk to use Skype - and if they don't, they still have WhatsApp. I don't use Skype that much for voice messaging or even video chatting though.

5. skywatcher

skywatcher New Member

I like Skype because of the interface and the user-friendly options, but most of my friends are using Yahoo! Messenger, so I have to have an account for that, too. Though because Facebook already has a chat system available, I sometimes have no choice but to rely on that instead - but for more official matters, I usually use Skype.

6. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

Pidgin pretty much meets all my instant messaging needs nowadays. For the past decade I have used aim almost exclusively though.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

I don`t use instant messenger systems very often, but when I do, I use Facebook`s inbuilt chat system. Most of my friends are on Facebook, so it is easy to talk to them there. Apart from that, I also use Skype a lot. Video chatting on Skype is really easy and it is one of my favorite applications ever.

8. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

The instant messenger software is facebook. It really helps me connect with people through messages. Other than that, I really love Skype. I think we all agree on that. Skype is a widely used messaging or video calling software. It helped many people contact each other all over the world. It made a huge impact on the communication era of today. Long distance relationship can now happen because of skype, facebook, we chat, viber and other messaging applications and software compared to long distance relationships back then where lovers use pen and paper to send a message to their love ones. Technology innovation is a real thing and has had a huge impact in changing the world today.

9. chie

chie Member

From my experience, Skype is the best instant text and video messenger. It's faster than the others (sending and receiving messages; voice and video call) and notifies the user of missed calls when you were offline.