Favorite Smart Phone App?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by SirArgy, May 18, 2013.

1. SirArgy

SirArgy New Member

What app on your smart phone do you find yourself spending the most time on?

Lately, I've been playing a game called Battle for Wesnoth on my smart phone. It's a very interesting RPG that was ported into app mode after being a free game that can be downloaded online.

PurpleGuardian likes this.
  2. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

It's very difficult to pick up a favorite from my long list of apps. I spend my most of time with whatsapp messenger. If the above mentioned game is free then I am certainly going to install it.

PurpleGuardian likes this.
  3. SirArgy

SirArgy New Member

Unfortunately, it's not free on the iOS. :( I bought it because I wanted to support the indie game developer. It's available for free online in it's original form, but not on the smartphone. It has a pretty niche community :)

4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I think that this topic has been discussed numerous times before. And my answer slightly changes every time I answer because I use a lot of apps. At one time, I use Facebook for 1 week straight. Then I stop using it. Then I would be playing this one game. Then I would stop. Then move on to the next. Then I would go back to the previous game again. But, one thing is for certain. I always use Google Chrome. It's my favorite because it's the most useful.

5. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that does this.

My favorite application at the moment is probably OMG! Button. I got a code for it in a giveaway though, which might slightly bias me. It plays some strange sounds when you press buttons, so it's been fun to use with my students. If they get an answer wrong, I can play a 'wrong' buzzer sound and I have other similar uses.

6. MCally92

MCally92 New Member

My all time favorite smartphone app would have to be my Xbox SmartGlass app. Many people don't actually know about this app, but you can control your Xbox dashboard with the app from your phone! It's really fun, and can make the remote I bought for the Xbox seem outdated, sadly. Makes me wish that they would have had this technology around a few years ago!

I use a lot of apps on my smartphone, but as a gamer and an owner of an Xbox 360, I love using this app to use my Xbox. I personally love cross-usage of my devices with each other, and this app is exactly that.

7. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I use a similar application when I'm feeling lazy. It's called Mobile Mouse and it lets me control the mouse on my computer, through my phone. It works by connecting via the wifi network.

8. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

Haha me and my cousin used to play Battle For Wesnoth sometimes when we were little. Fun game. As for me, I like Netflix, FaceBook and a bunch of games. My favorite app has to be Netflix, though.

9. MCally92

MCally92 New Member

Oh man, that sounds super awesome! I've been looking for something like that to use with my computer, so I definitely think I might give it a try. Anything that lets me remote control the device from my phone in order to be lazy is definitely something I'm interested in because the lazier I can be the better.

I wonder if one day we will be able to control most everything in our house with our phone. So far I've heard of controlling AC, lights, home security system, but I'm excited for what might happen in the future. Phone-controlled oven maybe?

10. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

It can be pretty awesome when feeling lazy. Keep in mind though, it's another piece of software that you need to let start up with the computer. It seems fairly lightweight, but I know people don't like a lot of things starting up with the computer and more icons.

11. daenerys

daenerys Member

I like to listen to podcasts and play whatever game I'm into at the moment. I'm messing with Tetris Blast, Pudding Monsters, Squids games. It's really pretty awesome when you think about it, to sit and listen to whatever radio shows you want and play games at the same time, I love it.

12. ozadin

ozadin Member

I have an iTouch, don't know if that qualifies for a smartphone or not, but the two are fairly similar.

I would say eBooks is my favorite app. I have a lot of PDF's stored on my computer simply because of this app. I can read wherever I want, and it's really useful.

13. chie

chie Member

I play Clash of Clans in my iPhone 5. I think 90% of the time, the app is open. I use it more than I use Facebook and other social networking sites.

14. ~TheDarkKnight~

~TheDarkKnight~ New Member

I can't say there is a favorite app as it keeps changing but I would recommend a cool app I came across recently, called Word Lens. It was acquired by Google too recently. It's a powerful translation app that translates text in real time based on input obtained from your camera. The good news is that it works offline:)

15. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

My personal favorite app and probably the one I use most is probably the standard stock app that comes with every smart phone. It works well and fits in for all of my different needs. However there are a long list of other apps that I use regularly that are useful too - stocks are probably just my favorite app if I had to pick one.

16. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

If I had to pick a favorite app I would probably pick the stock app because it is my favorite app on my mobile devise and the one that I use the most often. There are other apps that I use often too but those are often apps I can use on my computer to so I wouldn't rate them as being as important.

17. soulite

soulite New Member

My all time favorite smartphone app would have to be Zenonia. I love RPGs and this game really started the RPG revolution that's being seen on mobiles. Also the company has been awesome with all of the sequels they have released.

18. themonk3y

themonk3y New Member

I don't have a favorite app in particular but most of the time I find my self playing candy crush and when I run out of lives on the app I switch to Subway Surf or fruit ninja. I like all of the apps equally they are really good and all of them are free.

19. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

My favorite app so far is called "Interval Recognition." I've posted a separate thread about it, by the way. What this app does is it helps me memorize note intervals. This makes it easier for me to study even if I don't have much time.

20. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I love the twitter app. I'm a big twitter user and the app makes it so easy to navigate. Some things I actually like more on the mobile app version than on the regular computer.