Flappy Bird Hysteria

Discussion in 'Applications' started by OhioTom76, Feb 11, 2014.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

What is all the hype over this goofy "Flappy Bird" game? If you are unfamiliar with it, apparently it's some stupid game where you fly a bird between gaps in pipes by repeatedly tapping the screen to keep it flapping. The author recently pulled the game from the app store because it quickly became too popular and he felt people were becoming too addicted to it. Now folks are freaking out, and there are even phones for sale on eBay with the game still loaded on them, selling for thousands of dollars. Really people? It's just a stupid game, get over it.

2. Clanky

Clanky New Member

Yep, I saw this on eBay, too. Some people even buy these phones. I mean - you can get this game everywhere on the internet even if it's out of the stores. You need a jailbroken iDevice though if you're using iOS, but for Android you can easily install it again. But I also never understood the hype around this game. I played it a few times but never got aggressive or even broke my phone because of this game. That's insane.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I couldn't tell if it was a joke at first when people were actually buying these phones because it had the game installed on it.
    Apparently it was true. (n)

4. skywatcher

skywatcher New Member

They actually do this?

I mean, okay, I admit, I've been into this game for a while. We didn't delete the application after it went down (and I admit, it's still as catchy as it was when I get back to playing it), but for people to actually buy phones with this application on it? Aren't there other "spoof" games like Flappy Bird?

Whoa, this is actually an interesting phenomenon.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

I heard about Flappy Birds and how it was pulled from the markets, but I did not actually know that it was because it was getting too popular and addictive. I mean, who gets addicted to touching a screen to keep a bird flapping? Seriously? I heard about people getting addicted to World of Warcraft, but that is something else entirely.

6. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I agree, the Flappy Bird hysteria is a bit crazy. I do understand why people like the game though. Iv'e seen it compared to Dark Souls. Both games are very hard but beatable with hard work and dedication.

7. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

The Flappy Bird Hysteria was really crazy. I remember walking into class and everyone got their phones on their hands playing this "addicting" game. I'm not going to lie and say I did not play it. I did download it in the App Store and played with it but really all it brought me was frustration and stress. That was not my game. I can't get past 14 points. Anyway, I heard the real reason why the game was pulled out was because the creator got sued for the sound of the game and the pipes. They said that he ripped of super mario which was a bit true I guess. I think the people who bought the phones for the game are just people who don't have anything to do with their lives and has too much money. But, maybe they also just love the game. Who knows their reason right?