Free AVG

Discussion in 'Security' started by DancingLady, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I am currently using the free version of AVG. It was recommended by a guy at Radio Shack when I purchased my computer. In the past, I used MacAfee for a few years before it expired and I switched to AVG. I have not had any problems with AVG as of yet, but I would like to get other people's opinions. I use my computer daily to earn extra income and I would like to know if I should be investing in another program or if what I am using is actually OK

2. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I also use AVG both for my laptop and smartphone and so far, I haven't experienced any problem with it as well. Based from that, I can say that this free software is okay. I got nothing to pay for and the software is running smooth. I couldn't ask for more.

3. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

That's good to hear. I usually have a few doubts about free stuff, but it sounds like it is working as well as the paid ones, so that's a huge plus.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

There's nothing wrong with AVG Free as such, it should do the job sufficiently enough as long as you are also running a firewall. I don't think it's the best free option out there though. Personally, I prefer to use the free version of Avast, as it offers a lot more features for free.

5. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

That is the one that i use as well and it is functions well for me, no problems with it.