Future for Apple

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Hobbs, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Hobbs

Hobbs New Member

Do you think they will last without Jobs? I mean they have been losing market share for the past couple of years and I don't honestly think they are going to recover with how Android is doing now.

2. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I think they can survive. They have been doing well. The problem is that Android has been doing pretty good also and that Apple hasn't really been innovating these past months. I still prefer Android over Apple though but its good if there's some tough competition. It forces rival firms to exceed expectations of the customers thus ensuring quality products.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I don't think they'll go anywhere but I'm sure Android is hurting them.

4. ozadin

ozadin Member

Android and Windows are pretty big competitors in terms of phones with Apple, so I don't know how long they'll last. They're doing fine at the moment, but they will probably start going downhill when Android or Windows release a phone with tons of features, great battery life, more apps, etc, which in my opinion, will be a while. Apple still has a chance to start coming back, improving their iPhones, but eventually, they are going to crumble.

5. debtheweb

debtheweb New Member

Apple will always have their loyal customers, and they still have the number one in customer service, considering they have so many store locations! Also Windows has no chance whatsoever. Android will blowover like Blackberry. Apple has a lot more up their sleeve than we all know. Jobs left them lots of future plans. Apple also does a great job for laptops and desktops, especially those in the business using their specific programs (music etc.).

6. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

You think Android would blow over with Google owning them? :p I can't see that happening in the near future.

As for the Blackberry comment, I know what you mean and they pretty much did it to themselves. I can't see Android making the same mistakes though.

altrouge likes this.
  7. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

For sure, they are doing fine even today.

Apple products are really well known, and they will not die anytime soon. They're the "cool" thing to have. It's kind of like a legacy in the electronics industry.

8. danealegana

danealegana Member

They survived Microsoft even though their sales is not really impressive.
    They got their break with ipod, ipad and iphone.
    Google copied it releasing android.
    They still got loyal ipad and iphone users.
    And most people call every tablet an ipad and smartphones an iphone even though its running on android. :)

9. MissPotato

MissPotato New Member

They may survive, but I am pretty sure things won't be the same at all. They paved the path for smartphones and tablets, after all. But we can't take competitors out of the picture - Samsung, for one, is a promising rival.

10. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I think Apple will be just fine the competition will be more intense, even though their products seem to be overpriced to me they make quality stuff and as long as the quality does not decrease they will always have some of their loyal buyers.

11. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Competition is always good. Apple is not an exception to this rule. With that, I personally believe that Apple has a long to go before it dies out. I don't use Apple products, but I honestly cannot imagine an iPhone-less world, much more an Apple-less world. We have become so dependent to Apple that we tend to think more of the company, instead of the fruit, when we hear the word apple.

I'm kidding.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

After the Apple Event past week, I believe that the company has still a long road ahead even if they have to transit this road without Steve Jobs.

The expectation for the release of Mavericks show us that Apple is still a company that remains in the top-level status it was when Steve Jobs passed away.

13. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I think Apple has changed a lot ever since Mr. Jobs had passed away. I do see Apple is quite different or rather changed over the past two years. It does lose some customers because I think Android is getting more business. I believe Apple will survive, but I do see there will be a big change to the brand.

14. scottman

scottman New Member

I kind of wished Apple would fail as an enterprise. I know it's not realistic, but that's what I would like. They're no longer innovative and grossly overcharge.

15. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I can relate to that everything that Apple makes is overpriced, and they seem to always come out ahead it's time for them to take a back seat for a change.

16. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I think Apple has been doing just fine without Steve Jobs. Tim Cook might not be as charismatic as Jobs was but he does have some nice ideas. The latest thing they have presented is the iPad Air and it's awesome, as is the iPad mini now that it has upgraded graphics and the same resolution as the iPad Air.

17. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I think that the challenge for apple at the moment is really in terms of maintaining. They really need to stabilize and progress consistently and then when they can see that they are moving at a steady pace, then it will be time for them to move forward.

18. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

lovemwaf I don't think any company today has the right to slow the pace because one single missed opportunity can be enough for the competition to catch up or even surpass them. What I'm saying is that Apple needs to focus in the future and keep innovating.

It's not like they aren't doing that, it's just that right now I don't think they are in the same position they where a couple of years ago when everybody wanted an iPhone or an iPad. They need to come with something as good as those to products so they would make people want to hold in line for days to get their products.

19. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

What apple needs is a new creative team to revamp their products. like in the recent years, the only difference between one iPhone and its successor it is the size and a few feature. If they do not change how they are producing their products, then even their loyal customers will leave them.

20. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I believe have no problems staying on top. No matter how much competition there is out there, Apple always come out with a way to extend the gap. You also have individuals, including myself, will also be a fan of apple products. As long as Apple stays on top of its game and continue to produce new and exciting products, they will continue to grow as a company.