Here's something embarrassing...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jmoore93, Jun 15, 2013.

1. jmoore93

jmoore93 New Member

I've been using a tiny, USB wireless card on my desktop for months now. Due to my current apartment's layout, cable management would have been a mess if I ran 50+feet of CAT-5 to our router in the living room. My wireless card started going out, so out of need I dug up my longest Ethernet cable, untangled it, and ran it across my apartment to the living room. Other than some flak about not tying the cable up behind our entertainment center, my roommate was okay with it since we're moving soon anyways.

Flashback to January: I reinstalled Windows after my SSD died, and used my wireless card to install drivers, etc.

Flash forward to this week: I spent the last few days on and off troubleshooting my desktop's Ethernet connection. I tried using the cable on different computers, resetting my router, everything. A few hours ago I thought "hark! Maybe its a driver issue!"

Sure enough, I wasted HOURS of my life after forgetting one of the first things I'd do on an everyday phone call at work. I'm happy I'm back online with a reliable connection, but darn it I'm embarrassed.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

It happens. :ROFLMAO:

3. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

It happens - drivers can be quite annoying sometimes. However, I'm glad you figured it out.