How many of you use Snipping Tool?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rashidckk, Jul 12, 2013.

1. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

I am a regular user of this small tool. I stopped print screen method after I started using snipping tool. The tool is available with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Still, there are PC users who don't know about snipping tool.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I use it sometimes, but CTRL+PRINT SCREEN has been my go to capture button for quite a while. Guess it depends on what you need to capture.

3. ozadin

ozadin Member

I rarely use it. I would rather print screen, paste it on paint, and then edit some parts out that I don't want people to see, and then upload them to something like Imgur. I never really found out how useful the snipping tool was, if only they saved the picture to paint instead of their own software, then that would be fantastic.

4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I don't have this Snipping tool that you say but I do have a screen capture tool that I find very useful. It allows me to capture a portion of the screen or the entire screen at will. Capturing a portion of the screen beats ctrl+print screen plus photo editing to crop the picture any day.

5. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Oh yeah, Awesome Screenshot (Chrome plugin) is pretty good for taking screenshots of pages or just what is view-able by you.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

What I want to know now is that is there an app that would permit me to screen capture a portion of a copysafe file? Every time I try to capture a portion of the copysafe file, all that appears is a black image. I think it blocks these types of tools. Is there any other alternatives.

7. AvalonX

AvalonX New Member

If you really want the snipping tool on steroids check out Jing. It's free and has many more options. It also has free linking and history for all your captures. You can edit, highlight and add test as well. Check it out.

8. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Never heard of that actually. I just use a program called Puush to take screenshots, pretty convenient, especially if you're doing work with another person and need to show your screen quickly. One thing that does kinda suck about it is that if the server for Puush is down, you're screwed.

wowtgp likes this.
  9. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I used to use it until I found online capturing programs that you can download to your desktop. I currently use light shot but had Gyazo. Both are great programs, IMO!

10. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I just installed this, seems great! I wanted a program that would take pictures of only the browser, and this is just what I wanted. Thank you!

11. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Same here, I have never heard of Snipping tool. What is it?

I use of of the best methods to capture any screenshot from your desktop. I use Microsoft One Note. It's pretty easy to get the hang off and the best IMO :)

You can choose how much of a screen you want to capture, by hovering over your mouse to all the ends. Not only it's precise, it provides you with high quality screenshots, and that too for free :)

12. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I can't believe this tool has been around since Windows Vista and I am just now finding out about it, lol. I have been using dedicated programs for years to accomplish this and I didn't even need to.

13. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

One thing I will say about it though. is it is a little finnicky. It starts selecting the screen elements the moment you click away from the app. It doesn't seem to give you an option to open up the window you want to take a shot of. You have to have the window up and ready to go right off the bat.

14. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I have only used the snipping tool only a few times I really don't have any use for it.

15. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Snipping tool is very easy to use and helps me a lot. I can easily capture a screen and do some editing later.

16. Qamra

Qamra New Member

I use snipping tool at work all the time.
    it's quicker than a screenshot because I can add it to Outlook email immediately without having to crop it.
    It's a really useful and easy tool when comes to highlighting and making notes on screen shots.
    I love snipping tool!

17. mjhunter23

mjhunter23 New Member

I use picpick. Its a free software that you can download from the internet, I like it because you can choose what button / combination you can use to take your screen capture. Then as soon as the picture takes a little editor pops up so you can make some quick adjustments.

18. dammzyy

dammzyy New Member

Snipping tool is actual a great little piece of software and I used it back before I learned of Gyazo. Now Gyazo is the only program I use for image grabbing.

19. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I love the Windows Snipping tool. Iv'e found it to be very useful. It's one of the better features that come with Windows 7. I use the feature very regularly.

20. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

I love my snipping tool. I have Windows 7 still, but that's where I was introduced to it. I use it for quick snips, and it uses less space than the print-screen. I just like being able to select just what I want. Seems I posted this before here, on another thread, but one thing I don't like about "either" tool, is that you can only capture what is in from of your eye. I would like something that would allow you to cursor down the page and capture more;) Just seems it would save time.

Maybe someone knows of something, short of doing a print out? Denise;)