How Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by themarksquared, Oct 31, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day!

I've been using Windows 8.1 ever since it was released on the Store. Glad to say, so far, I don't have any complaints. Whilst I may have faced some performance issues during the first day of the update, it was all fixed by updating my graphics card driver.

How about you? Hows your 8.1?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

I like it a lot. It's a nice improvement over Windows 7 and the option to set the desktop background as start screen background is a nice idea, it really ties the OS together. I'd like to see more integration between desktop software and apps though, they are still pretty divided and it can be confusing.

3. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I don't have Windows 8.1 I am still using Windows 7 it's nice to hear good things about it, I tried Windows 8 awhile ago and I didn't like it, but maybe in the future I will make the investment right now I am happy with Windows 7 and I really don't have the extra money since I recently upgraded my GPU to the 7950 so money is kind of tight at the moment.

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I was using windows 8.1 about a month ago but went back to just windows 8 since I had too many problems with older applications.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Did you try changing the compatibility of the applications ? that's odd

6. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Are you using a PC or a Surface (or another Windows tablet)? I'm using Windows 8.1 on my PC and I have no problems with apps. Which ones aren't working?

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I got a new computer with Windows 8 pre-installed and while it has been asking me to upgrade to 8.1 , I have been reading mixed experiences about doing such thing.

While some people say there is no major problem doing it, there is a larger number complaining about issues happening after the upgrade, from connectivity issues to inability to run apps or do some other thing.

I had always bad experiences with "beta" upgrades of Internet Explorer. I don't mean that Windows 8.1 could be a "beta" upgrade, but being the first after the release of the new operating system, I tend to stick to an old precept; "first update/upgrade that Microsoft does to something tends to be buggy, so better wait."