I'm a Windows 7 user, why should I upgrade to Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by BCH, Aug 28, 2013.

1. BCH

BCH New Member

I've been using Windows 7 for over four years now and I'm well accustomed to and very happy with it. It took a lot of convincing for me to give up XP after having used it for many, many years but ultimately I was glad I made the decision to move to 7.

When 8 was released there wasn't enough in it to convince me I should upgrade. I've still never tried it and I'm not really interested to, but if I get enough of a convincing account then I may consider it.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I would, you can make it pretty much like Windows 7 by just downloading a start menu from Google.

I haven't used metro at all since transitioning over. If I couldn't have a start menu though I wouldn't be using it.

Plus it comes with some better built in security as well as it seems to boot faster! (y)

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Whoa, I never thought that I could download a start menu. Nice. I'll check this out later. I was kind of freaked out when I couldn't find a start menu anywhere. I was like - how do I shut this thing down???

Well, I figured it out eventually and so far so good with Windows 8.

4. Jaxter

Jaxter New Member

I would love to know as well since I've heard from many people that it was best to stick with Windows 7 until all the kinks work itself out on Windows 8. Of course this was what I heard when Windows 8 just launched so early adopter problems were certain to arise. But since a lot of time has past, are all the quirks worked out now?

My desktop PC still runs Windows 7 but I'm the type of person who loves to get the newest and greatest thing that is out there so upgrading to a newer version is certainly appealing to me.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Personally I would stick with widows 7 if you happy with it I tried widows 8 and I went back because I did not like the interface and on top of that my wifi drivers did not work properly.

6. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I know that there are several software you can download to make it similar to Windows 7, but I have heard as well that those make the pc slower, don't know it is true though.

I would have to agree with the built in security (are you referring to Windows Defender or something else?), I think it's a big plus, the sellers should be forbidden to install anti-virus on Windows 8!

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

If you wish to get Windows 8 but you still want it to look like Windows 7, I think that you're just better off not upgrading to Windows 8. Windows 8 has a unique interface and is a welcome sight to that what we knew of for a long period of time. It's great. You just have to adapt to change.

8. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I agree it would be better to stick with Windows 7, I don't know how Windows 8 is now compared to 7, but either way 7 is still a great OS.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Slowly I am adjusting to Windows 8, to be honest it'a not a bad OS, it's just really different. My major issue is still accessing the programs, I miss the start button and I find myself pinning many programs to the task bar for easier access.