I'm running iOS7!

Discussion in 'iOS' started by daenerys, Jun 11, 2013.

1. daenerys

daenerys Member

If you download the correct package for your phone, then do the update through iTunes, you can run it now without being in the developer program! There are guides online, but it's quite simple. I couldn't wait to try it. It's pretty great so far, iMessage doesn't seem to be working perfectly, but overall it's working pretty well. The now control panel that comes up from the bottom is super handy! Also the navigation between open apps is phenominal. iTunes Radio seems pretty decent too. I love it! If you have any questions about it, let me know!

2. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

What do you need to install iOS 7? Is this the final version or is still under development? I just bought an iPad 4 and it would be nice to have it running with the latest iOS version. But I would only do it if it's the final and not one with broken parts inside.

3. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to getting it when it's completely released. I can't wait for the jailbreak also.

4. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I don't own any iOS device, but I have heard so much hype and praise about this new update. I want to know, what's new in the iOS7? If you don't mind, could you share some screenshots? Thanks.

5. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

Well, don't make us wait - how is it? I'm going to try my hardest to stay with 6 - 7 is just ugly as sin.

6. debtheweb

debtheweb New Member

I have the new ios7 as well through developers preview. It's amazing. I mean at first glance it is a big of an appearance change. There are major changes but rather many minor detail changes. Therefore within the first two hours of use, you start to get use to it and it actually really grows on you. There's still a few features in the beta that we have no access to including zooming in and out in camera mode, Siri's voice changes, Find my iphone security, etc. But so far so good. I am loving it and recommend anyone getting a developer's preview. I do not recommend downloading it online for free as that usually leads to many problems. Go Apple go!

7. droppinbeatz

droppinbeatz New Member

Look cool, haven't tried it out here yet though.

8. ozadin

ozadin Member

I'm just going to wait on the update, I'm way too lazy to go into iTunes and do all that stuff. Hopefully, it's compatible for the iPod Touch. I'm a real big fan of the newest update since they improved the interface by a lot. They made it more simplistic, and better looking.

9. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I agree. I think the drawback of IOS 7 would be that the icons look cartoonish. The icons sometimes cause me dizziness.

10. daenerys

daenerys Member

Well, you (or maybe I mean "I") want icons to be different colors so you can identify them by a color you associate with them quickly. I don't think they look all that cartoonish, but I don't think the icons seem to follow a set of rules, which bothers me. Sometimes gradients are dark and the top and light on the bottom, sometimes the opposite. Some icons are flat, then Game Center has shaded spheres in it. Usually the middle "symbol" is white, but with GarageBand it's light orange. I don't know, it just bugs me. I wish there were rules like, the icon should be light at the top to a slightly darker gradient at the bottom, with a white symbol in the middle. If the icon is white, then the symbol should have the gradient. Just a thought. Sorry for rambling, I'm a graphic designer if you can't tell haha.