iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Asparagus, May 24, 2013.

1. Asparagus

Asparagus New Member

Apple has announced that they will showcasing their new operating systems at WWDC which is on the 10th of June. I read somewhere that they're going to do a pretty big overhaul of iOS, so I'm very excited to see it! It's supposedly got a much snappier and flatter interface. What do you think will be in it?

2. rosemaryzephyr

rosemaryzephyr New Member

I read a similar article today about Jon Ive's redesign of iOS. I'm really excited to see what it looks like. If anything it will be a refreshing change from the current look, which has been pretty standard since the very first iPhone! I'm interested to see how the design of apps like Notes, Weather and Calendar might become more consistent and unified.

In case anyone else is interested, the article is here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/24/4362056/jony-ive-ios-7-redesign-features-a-black-and-white-design

3. Asparagus

Asparagus New Member

Yes, I've read that article. I do think iOS needs an update, especially since Android is starting to take the lead. I'm hoping it will offer some more customisation, but retain the simplicity that I love about iOS.

4. rosemaryzephyr

rosemaryzephyr New Member

I would also like more customization options. What would everyone think about an iOS where you could freely place icons across a series of pages, similar to how Android is, instead of having all the icons adhere to a grid?

5. ozadin

ozadin Member

I don't know what they actually updated in 6.1.3 other than the new App Store, which I actually thought was fine before the switch. Hopefully, they add something new and actually add more features that people would like.

I also heard they're making jail breaking harder, and it can potentially stop untethered jailbreak. Don't know if it's good or bad news though.

6. daenerys

daenerys Member

The thing I'm most excited to see is if Apple can make me like flat design, because so far I don't. I like the idea of it, simple and functional, but it practice it seems to look a bit juvenile. There have been a bunch of flat-iOS7 fan-made mockups floating around on Mac news sites, and they show them next to iOS6 as if to say "Look how much better it could look in a flat style!" but I always tend to think iOS6 looks better. I'm not a fan of the Windows 8 Live Tile style either.

7. jesikat

jesikat New Member

I'm just excited about the Notification Center's background being replaced. That has bothered me so much. And like everyone else, some more customization options would be nice.

8. daenerys

daenerys Member

Oh come on, that linen background isn't THAT bad. There are certainly worse textures. I won't be sad to see it go though. I won't be sad to see any of the skeumorphism go, I jumped for joy when Apple got rid of Scott Forestall, he was putting out some pretty embarrassing things.

9. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I'm actually still on iOS 5 since I used a jailbreak so I could play some English language applications. I just never updated when I could and last time I checked, the latest iOS 6 jailbreak is a tethered one and it's not possible to change to the untethered one that came before that.

The redesigned lock screen sounds like it will look good. I don't like the current shiny version much. That said, I don't actually care too much about the design - more about how well it performs. I hope there's no performance decrease from any change in visual effects.

10. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I'm sure it's going to be a great release, I can't wait.
    I also heard the evasion team will be releasing a jailbreak.

11. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

I agree, I definitely can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves. I'm curious what new features that they will use to battle with the Galaxy S4 which I'm sure we can all agree is one of the best phones out right now.

12. daenerys

daenerys Member

What features does the Galaxy S4 have that are so great? Tapping them together? I think that's such a dumb feature, just send something, I don't need to touch my phone against your disgustingly germ-covered phone to get a photo. I also saw in the latest commercial a guy that had barbecue all over his hands doing a swipe in the air to answer a call, which is an insanely stupid feature to me, even if I did have that function, I'm going to risk dripping sauce on my expensive phone. Not to mention that situation would come up pretty rarely anyway, and most of the time I'd rather just finish my delicious ribs then call them back. It had better be an emergency if you're calling me away from some barbecue ribs!