Is Kit Kat a major improvement over Jellybean?

Discussion in 'Android' started by craggybuk, Dec 19, 2013.

1. craggybuk

craggybuk New Member

My HTC One handset is due to get the Android 4.4 Kit Kat upgrade before the end of January. Personally, I didn't see much of a difference between Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean so I was hoping somebody with a Google Nexus device or anyone using a custom ROM would be able to shed some light on what to expect once Kit Kat appears on my phone?

My main concerns are to do with battery life. Each version of Android seems to take a little bit more out of the battery than the previous version. Is this the same with Kit Kat. Also, do you find that the "OK Google" functionality works? Again, what effect does this have on the battery?

2. Symthic

Symthic Member

Kit Kat is designed to work on lower-end devices and should save battery life. I have a Moto X and have only used it on Kit Kat so I can't really compare it's battery life to JB, but the "OK Google Now" touchless control for the Moto X works fine, I would imagine that the "OK Google" functionality works for other phones.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'm just trying to figure out why they are using names like "kit kat" and "jelly bean".

Though, when i tried the new "Kit Kat" it was fairly buggy. Maybe it is because I tried to use it on a a fairly old phone.

4. Symthic

Symthic Member

All Android OS names are in alphabetical order and all of them except for the first 2 are desserts, they're just keeping the trend going.. Here are the names in order:
    Astro
    Bender
    Cake
    Donut
    Eclair
    Froyo
    Gingerbread
    Honeycomb
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    Jelly Brean
    Kit Kat