Is their away to fix widows registry errors without reinstalling widows?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ENO1986, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Like the topic says one of my desktop PC’S had posting issues where when turning the PC on it would shut off after posting I managed to fix the issue by taking out the ram and reinstalling it, but now my desktop has a ton of registry errors and windows takes like 5 minutes to boot is their away to fix them without doing a fresh reinstall?

2. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Hmm, I'm not sure about this but why not try using some utilities that fix the registry of PCs like Advanced System Care? I'm not a technical kind of guy so I use these kinds of utilities to fix problems on my PC.

3. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Yea I was afraid of that sometimes those programs make the problem worse I think I will just reinstall windows thank for your help.

4. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

You could try doing a simple registry clean with something like CCleaner. If you know the specific application that was causing the problems, you could use something like Jv16PowerTools to search for all instances in the registry related to it and remove those. I did this recently when all my Adobe apps started crapping out on me. I had to remove everything Adobe, and clear all registry entries mentioning Adobe in them.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Thanks for the suggestion I already reinstalled Windows and that fixed the problem next time if I have any registry problems I will try that solution.

6. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Editing registry is a delicate process so when doing it you must be very careful not to delete the system files. All the same if your issue was resolved am glad.