Is there an android app that tells you if your text has been read?

Discussion in 'Android' started by babyleans, May 11, 2014.

1. babyleans

babyleans New Member

i have a samsung galaxy 2 and i was wondering if i could download an app that tells me if someone has read my text or not like on the iphones? does there exist such an app?

2. thebeardlesswonder

thebeardlesswonder New Member

You can use something like Google Hangouts. Its more of an IM client then text messages..but it will use your data and not account for text messages. You can share pictures, chat and even use it for video calls.

3. chie

chie Member

Unfortunately, Android does not have an app or tweak for such function. In such cases, you can download a chat or text-based app, such as WhatsApp or Viber. However, these require internet connection and your contacts should use the same app.

Actually, iPhone does not have that function either for their Text Messages. A person can only know when someone has read their message through iMessage. This tweak or function in the Messages App uses internet connection and acts like a chat.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

I don't know if any such tweaks exists for an Android phone. As an Android user, I can confirm that nothing like that exists.

5. preyy

preyy New Member

I am an Android developer, and I can leak you that such app will be soon released for the masses of users. It shouldn't last too long, trust me. I myself have managed to work for it a bit, too, and it will be better than what you would find on the iPhone, 100x times if possible.

6. Dez97

Dez97 New Member

The only thing that I could think of is either Google text, Ims or kik those are the only ones that tell you if someone has read your texts. I know with blackberry phones they tell you if the person has read your text or not and my sister hated it cause she thought it was invading her privacy so she switched to Android. Anyways why can't you just wait til the person reply, I know it gets tedious but knowing if they read it or not doesn't make them reply any faster.