Is there any software that can transcribe mp3 recordings?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by tribie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. tribie

tribie New Member

When it comes to my own voice, I am very happy with Dragon. It can recognize how I speak well enough. My problem is, I need to transcribe an mp3 recording of a guy giving a seminar. When I used Dragon, the transcription was hardly usable. This is understandable because I don't have his voice profile to begin with but with all the technology available, isn't there any software that can transcribe even without voice profiles? I'm not looking for 100% accuracy because that is nearly impossible but it would help if there is anything out there that would make this task a bit faster to do.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

You might need to run the recording through some sort of audio applications to clean up the audio a bit. Perhaps the ambient noise is too loud relative to his voice, which is making the software choke up. I would imagine programs such as Dragon have the reverse type of processing in place, they may try to ignore ambient noise, and if it's too loud it is probably interfering with it's ability to recognize the speech.

4. scottman

scottman New Member

I don't know about programs, but I know you can find people online who will do the work for cheap. Places like reddit.com/r/slavelabour specialize in these type of online transactions. Maybe you'd find something there.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

This is true, I have seen several gigs on Fiverr. So you can get a transcription for 5 buck.

Even though, remember that the risk of getting someone doing the job is the potential scam factor.

6. Qamra

Qamra New Member

It's probably easier to get it done by real people, many sites offer that kind of service for pennies.
    Depending on length, you might pay 1-10 pounds and you will know it's done correctly. Machines mishear our speech really badly.