Microsoft plans to make Windows 8 more user-friendly

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by themarksquared, May 19, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Apparently, Microsoft believes that Windows 8 needs to be improved on the user friendliness aspect. I read this piece of news on Tampa Bay a while ago and I decided that it would be nice to share it in this forum. I've quoted the important parts in the article. If you wish to read the whole article, I've linked the source below. Thanks!

With this piece of news, do you think the next Windows 8 update will fix these issues? Feel free to comment and debate. Let's start a discussion.

Source

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

This is probably one of the most important, yet simple things they shouldn't of ever removed.

3. mika

mika New Member

I'm definitely glad to hear this. I currently have stardock programs installed to make windows 8 more user-friendly on my desktop but they slow me down a bit. Looking forward to the windows update so I can remove these.
    I just hope its soon, since they only said later this year.

4. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Once this update gets released, it's finally time to say goodbye to those 3rd-party applications in order to make the Windows 8 experience better for some people. Although I have no complaints about Windows 8, it would be nice to have an option to have a start button and the like.

With this piece of news, I wonder what's the reaction of Stardock, the developers of Start8 and such. I guess their applications will become useless once the update gets released.

Based on an article I read, Microsoft mentioned that the update will be available come June.