Microsoft to Drop XP Support, Google Don't

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MyDigitalpoint, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

It's not new to hearing that Microsoft will stop all Windows XP support next year, in fact they started dropping it since a couple of years ago, but if this drop has not been yet completed is because this operating still remains among the most popular and reliable ever released by Microsoft and the only way that Google is trying to enforce their new operating system is by stopping to provide updates.

As I said somewhere in another thread, I'm sure this will not stop people to continue using XP, as many people is still running Windows 98SE, Windows 95 and even Microsoft MS-Dos today with the aid of unofficial updates that communities devoted to those operating system have created.

However the note here is that while Microsoft doesn't want to hear from XP again, Google will keep supporting XP to be used in conjunction with Chrome. The prospective extended date for Google is April 2015, while Microsoft will discontinue the software next year.

Read the article with the news here, http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/16/...-chrome-updates-windows-xp-through-april-2015

VaultSpring likes this.
  2. jodiann12

jodiann12 New Member

Thanks for the link, MyDigitalPoint. It's very interesting to find out that many persons are still using older versions of Windows such as Windows98SE, Windows 95 and Microsoft MS-Dos. I have not heard of anyone complaining about using Window Vista Home Basic or Home Premium either; and everyone loves Windows 7. I think Microsoft needs to listen to the complaints of their customers and make the necessary changes to Windows 8 so that more people can switch over to it.

VaultSpring likes this.
  3. VaultSpring

VaultSpring New Member