MP3, and converting videos from Youtube

Discussion in 'Applications' started by outdoorgal, May 5, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

Do any of you do much converting of files like for example, Youtube videos to MP3. There are a couple of converters I've seen, but I haven't downloaded anything yet. I wanted to see what anyone has to say about converting first. I used to do this often, I have a tiny device called at Eclipse that I hook to my pants while hiking, or walking. It's just an MP3 player. It also has FM radio but I can't pick it up where I hike.

Is it legal to download a youtube video? Nothing pops up saying "you can't do this" but I've read a lot about copyrights when I was trying to do a blog, and wanted to use some photos I found online.

Any help here?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

Well, there's no clear statement on what you can do and not do online. As for downloading Youtube video, my judgement is that if you're not going to use it for profit, then I guess its okay. As for the photo thing, well, some pictures are copyrighted, especially those ones that came from photographers, they hate it when people grab their stuff. But I suggest you just give them credit, if you'll be using photos always mention the site where you got them from.

outdoorgal likes this.
  3. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

Yes, just personal listening on my MP3 player. The photo thing I think must be very hard for photographers putting up their websites, displaying their art, and having things ripped off without permission or paying. There are some ways to try and protect those photos, but nothing is totally secure. Windows has the Snipping Tool now, so you can get anything you want. I know one day I'd like to show photos I'm taking now, learning to take, but that is a biggies for me as well, how to protect my stuff. Also writings, I imagine plagiarism is an ongoing battle online as well.

No, I never did copy the photos, I did read about it, more for my own photos online, which probably aren't good enough (yet;) ) for anyone to want to copy. I agree 100% on anyone using other's photos/articles, just cite the source for sure;)

Thank you for your reply:)

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

I found an easy "online" converter called YT-MP3 that is working fine. As I said, I just download to my Eclipse, and listen while I walk or hike. This was great to find because I didn't have to download any software.

If anyone is interested it is at http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Just go to page, copy your youtube link, and paste. Feedback welcome if there is anything, anyone see wrong with using this, for personal use only;)

5. Oogles

Oogles Member

I used to download Youtube videos with a program called "Video get" from nuclear coffee. If memory serves me right then there's a 20 video limit on the amount that you can download for the free version. I think that there are also a couple of add ons for web browsers that will do this kind of thing for you. Better check out your browser application store, you may be able to find a better one than a private site application. :)

6. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Member

The one I mentioned above is still working very well for me;) Thank you for the alternative in case something goes wrong;) Denise

7. maniacmaran

maniacmaran New Member

I do. And it works great. I first found out about this a year back and I have been doing it occasionally. I don't do it all the time. I only do it if there is a song that I can not find on iTunes or the Google play store. I do not even know the websites that I use to convert YouTube videos into MP3 songs.

When I need to convert a youtube video into an mp3 file, I just go on google and type in what I need and a lot of websites pop up, and then all that I do is choose one to help me. That's it. I don't know any websites by heart, and I don't try to because I don't do it all the time. It's not something that I constantly do. It doesn't happen often. I haven't done it in like three months. So yeah. Only on occasions.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

I used to convert files from YouTube, especially if I had no other means of getting that material. It's usually documentaries or music. One thing I have failed to understand is, is it legal or illegal to do so?

9. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I believe there are some copyright things that would be violated if you download a Youtube video. That's probably why it's really hard to find one good application that can fulfill that purpose. But I do know one app that works. It's called "Videoder." I'm not sure if this is available on the Play Store, but it definitely works good.

10. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

I don't download but my husband said that there is a website that could help you download a youtube video and then you have to install a software to convert it to mp4. I haven't tried it myself but some of my colleagues are doing that as well. Maybe you just have to Google for the proper software you can use in downloading a youtube video and for the proper conversion into your desired video format.