Music software for Windows Computer

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DancingLady, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I am not into anything complicated with music, but I would like to know if there is any software out there that would work on a Windows computer that can be used to cut music.

What I want to be able to do is take a song that is say, 8 minutes, and cut it down to about 5 to use for dance. A lot of the songs I am interested in using for dance are too long, so I just need to take out some of the repeated choruses and extra instrumental parts to make it a better length.

I would love to find something free that could do this, but I am willing to pay a little bit. I don't have much money right now though, so I can't afford a big software package.

2. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

So, you basically just need some audio editing software? There is one free software application that will allow you to do this, it's called Audacity. Personally, I use cool Edit Pro for most of my audio work but it's not cheap. I think NCH Wave Editor might also be another option.

3. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

There are a lot of music software available for Windows. I've tried using Mixcraft before, and I can say that it's good. The user interface is just simple and plain and its works best for beginners. There's also the Audition, Audacity, and of course, Fruity Loops -- which is very technical, in my opinion. I don't use it that much because it can get really confusing.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I haven't tried Mixcraft, does it have samples and all that kind of thing come with it or is it just for recording/editing? Personally, I love Fruityloops and have used it quite a lot but it's not free. There is a free demo version available to try though.