Must have apps on your Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by LifeOrDeath, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LifeOrDeath

LifeOrDeath New Member

What are some apps that you love and feel that they are must have on your Android?

It can be anything. Just apps that are fun and useful.

2. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I'm a guitarist, and currently I have this one app that I so love and adore. It's called PitchLab Pro. It's just basically a digital guitar tuner but what I love the most about it is that it's so accurate and has never force closed or glitched on my phone. This is a definite must-have app for all guitarists.

3. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I've been looking for decent guitar app and haven't really been able to find anything particularly good so far, so I'll have to try this one out. On a side note, I have started developing a 'guitar training' app for Android because there doesn't seem to be any on the Play store - at least not the sort of guitar app I have in mind anyway (which is why I'm making it!).

I guess it depends what you're in to. Some of my favourite apps are GoodReads, iFunny, AIDE, Redline Rush, 4 Pics 1 Word, True or False, App Trailers, Mint Coins, PayPal, Natwest, Outlook and there are many more useful ones I can think of but I don't have enough storage for all of them!

4. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

Hi, Sparkster! Wow, so you develop apps as well? That's wonderful! I hope that you don't mind posting here once you finished the app so maybe I can download it on my phone. I would also really need a guitar training app. Thank you in advance!

5. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I actually don't really have that much experience with Android/Java development and have only made a couple of basic apps so far. I did used to do a lot of programming when I was younger and decided a couple of years ago to start learning how to make Android apps. I'm certainly no expert at it and wouldn't really call myself a developer just yet. However, I do have some ideas for apps - just not sure how long it'll take me to make them.

6. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

In addition to my tabloids which i cannot do without, i like to have a few games in tact that are the really good ones. There are times when i just need to indulge and get in touch with my inner child. I enjoy the wide array of solitaire, candy crush, and others.

7. Morvack

Morvack New Member

I would say a good flash light app. Got to watch out for those though, a lot of them have invasive permissions. Why would a flashlight need to see your pictures and videos , ya know?

Solitaire is a good time waster. Got a commercial? Waiting for dinner to cook? Play some solitaire to pass the time. Typically only eats a minute or two of my time, which is a lot shorter than most games.

A timer app is always a good idea. I got a sixty minute timer on mine. So you can see how long it will take to say, cook a half pound hamburger, or how long it takes fast food to get to your door. If you are odd like me, it is a lot of fun :) .

A bench marking app is always a good idea. See what kind of data connection your phone company is really giving you.

If you need a game app to waste more than a minute or two on, try one called "Flow" (if memory serves at least). It is a puzzle game where you need to connect all the colors, and use one hundred percent of the field squares. It's a good challenge.

Perk Tv will make you a bit of money while you sleep. Some people have whats called a "Perk TV farm" , where five phones are charged and constantly playing Perk TV. I heard typical money made is about two hundred fifty bucks a month.

Receipt hog gives you points for taking good photos of your receipts with the app. If you have more than one app that does that, you can double up. Trying to remember off the top of my head, sense my phones dead, but I can't them XD. Hope you find some of these helpful :).

8. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

"Sleep as Android" - Probably one of my favorite apps.

9. Beautyspin

Beautyspin New Member

I think the following are must have apps -
    avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus (or similar in the category)
    LastPass Password Mgr Premium 3.0 (or similar in the category)
    gReader (Free) or Feedly Free or Play newsstand or Source
    Fleksy or Swype or Swiftkey
    Google Drive/Box/Dropbox
    Chrome/Firefox/Opera
    Evernote/Keep
    If you are in the US then Netflix which is not free. There are free movie streaming apps.
    Any.do
    Comics for android
    Musicplayer (I have walkman app, Play music app and Poweramp pro). You have to select something similar.
    Maps

What do you think are good choices?

10. missbishi

missbishi Member

My favourite apps are the ones which make day to day life a little easier. The ones I use the most are the calculator, Natwest banking, BBC News, Paypal, Google maps and Chrome. I also run a couple of reward site apps too to use when I'm in transit and bored.

11. g.b.shaw

g.b.shaw New Member

My favourite apps would be Google map, Opera classic, AIB (bank), Kindle, Rebtel, Pay pal, Ali Express, Whatsapp (is that an app?) and Daily Mail online.

Whatever happens, I use each of these everyday (the Pay pal may be every other day). They are all very dependable. And Yes! the currency converter too.
    They all make life so much easier.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

For me having Total Commander installed on my Android devices is a must. This is a file manager with enhance features that I have been using for around 20 years on my computer, so I can't live without it.

Other must have apps for me are Orange Daily Pro and UC Browser, which is a web browsers that provides Flash support, besides my Candy Crush saga games.