Nexus 5 official press photo

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nevermore, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

The Nexus 5 is closer every day, and the official press image leaked just a few days ago:

[​IMG]
    It looks very slick and I like that it's consistent with the design of the Nexus 7 2013. There's no messenger icon, it's been replaced with hangouts, so...unified messaging coming soon? I also love the transparent notification and navigation bars.
    The folder design has been updated as well, and it's surely looking better than the previous black circle. Some icon updates: Dial, Camera and Gmail (you'll have to look closely fot this one). I like the changes, but I think the dial icon could be improved.
    Nice little thing: the wallpaper looks like an abstract "5".
    What do you think?

2. Symthic

Symthic Member

The LG G2 (which this phone was based on) had some pretty impressive specifications and a good camera, and I hope that they bring it to the Nexus 5, but I doubt that as the Nexus phone lines seem to be more medium-end than high-end lately. However, I still think that it's a great phone and will run smooth because it won't have any bloatware holding it back. As for the messaging app, I hope that it's just default in hangouts and the messaging app is still there and you can just swap it out. A unified messaging system is an interesting concept, but I don't really see it working because there are so many messaging apps out there (Kik, texting, hangouts, Skype, etc...) Also, I'm extremely happy that Google decided to go with the more conventional button layout as compared to the LG G2's layout, where there were no side, top, front, or bottom buttons and all the buttons were on the back. The background seems like the classic Nexus logo with curves, and I would never have noticed that it looked like a 5, so good eye. I think the dial icon should be improved as well and I would also prefer the app menu icon to be completely transparent, but those are just minor gripes. Overall, I'm pretty excited for this phone, but I won't be getting it due to budget restraints.

3. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

This looks great. When is it coming out? Well the previous one was great and received a lot of mixed reactions but personally I liked it. I hope this new one will have better features than its main rivals.

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Lets try not to bump 5 month old threads when you can use Google. o_O