Notification

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nikkishea21, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

I am coming from the Blackberry days and was accustomed to that notification light which flashes when there is something outstanding on your phone. Outstanding in this sense can mean an email was not read, a call was not answered or you have a message that you did not get around to reading. This was handy for me and i found that at times it got my attention to the issue at a faster rate.

I do not know if it a case where i do not understand how to set this up on my android device but i went searching and i did not see any indication of such a feature being present.

I really misses that.

2. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

It seem not to be an issue with anyone else here :)

I recently find that i am experiencing frequent black outs as well with my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2. I am beginning to wonder if this phone was just not built to endure a great deal of activity as it seem to be overwhelmed too easily.

3. Beautyspin

Beautyspin New Member

I have an Xperia Z1 and fortunately it has a notification LED. But fret not if you do not have a notification LED or if you are not satisfied with the notifications that your LED is giving. There is a free App "Light Manager LED" in the android playstore. You can define different colors for each app and select some options if you want them to cycle thru the notifications (if there are multiple notifications). If there is no notification LED then, if the screen is turned off, then notifications will be shown on the screen. All in all a good app to show notifications.

4. missbishi

missbishi Member

Even my battered old Xperia Tipo has a blue notification light. Do you know what I find really annoying though? The low battery indicator light which flashes on and off constantly. Why, when your battery is on it's last, do you want a flashing light draining what little power you have left? Grr!