PC or Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by NiaIsabelle, Apr 28, 2014.

1. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

This has been a very interesting topic for me. I've been a PC user for quite some time now and I loved it. One day, my windows computer started having problems and after a few days it just stopped working. I thought, "Maybe it's time for a new one." So, I consulted my friends and found out that most of them use Mac computers. I was curious about it so I bought one for myself and I really love it. Ever since I started using Mac, I never went back to PC. I just want to know your experience and your thoughts about this topic. What do you prefer, PC or Mac?

2. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

PC is the platform for me. Iv'e always been a pc guy and that's not changing any time soon. I just cant get used to the lack of a right-click button on the Mac.

3. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

PC will always be my platform of choice. I cannot fathom using a Mac over PC due to the amount of restrictions I've found when using a Macbook and/or Mac Computer. I am big on PC gaming and find that it's difficult to do that...well, without a PC.

4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

I personally prefer a PC over a Mac because as was already said, Macs have many restrictions. And on top of that they are extremely annoying to use with all the things they are adding like that touch pad for the sake of slimness. I personally always use a PC whenever I can but that's just my opinion, I highly doubt I'm changing to a Mac anytime soon.

5. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

Tough question... I'm keep chancing my mind about this topic every day ...

Right now I own a Mac, and I love using it. I think the OS is great and for me it's abolutely the most enjoyable environment to work in. The computer I use is a 27" iMac, so I have to say hardwarewise it's amazing as well!

But there's the big downside too... As I posted earlier today in the hardware section of this site I'm still very happy with my mac except for one piece: the GPU. When I bought my Mac, the GPU was fine, let's say a quite powerfull GPU. Today (4 years later) it's still a very decent GPU, but I had the chance to replace it, I would have absolutely done it...

But to answer your question: I would go for a custom build PC (Windows or Mac) for my workstation, and Mac's for all the other computers (like a mediacomputer, laptops etc).

6. pebblesxo

pebblesxo New Member

PC of course. It is user-friendly, easy to customize, very secure, lower price than mac and for some more other reasons. What i like about PC the most is how you have access to just about any free downloads online since most of the programs are designed for windows platform. I have nothing against Mac, i think the OS is very powerful and the devices look pretty sleek but obviously i prefer the traditional PC.

7. Dez97

Dez97 New Member

Right now I have a pc, and sometimes I really wish I had a mac because it quits on me at times, and I really want something reliable. I'm looking into saving up for a mac.

8. TainaF

TainaF New Member

I work in an office, so I had the chance to get my hands on a Mac laptop, I have to tell you, I did not like the look of it. I prefer windows because I think it’s more user friendly, I may be wrong on this but speaking for myself windows are much easier to use. What I download cannot get transferred to another (non-Apple) device, correct me if I'm wrong.

9. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I am definitely a PC person. I have used a Mac a few times when I was studying music, but I don't care for it. They are a little too different for me, since I grew up with PC. To me, PC is a little more user friendly, but I'm sure it' all in what you are used to.

10. CrashTester

CrashTester New Member

It would have to be a PC for me, apple macs are just weird for weird people ;)

Seriously though, I love the look and feel of a Mac, Apple products are good to look at but for me functionality is awkward. I have to support some macs at work and when I work on them I feel like I am working with my wrong hand, ie, I know what I should be doing but I just can't quit do it the way I want to.

11. Luke Martin

Luke Martin New Member

It really depends what you want to do with your computer. Windows is really good for casual use, like surfing the web and playing video games, but Mac are very good for production. The adobe products are much better on Mac than on Windows. Personally I'm a Mac guy.

12. bigbrain50

bigbrain50 New Member

Well one thing I can say for Macs, is that there aren't even one tenth the virus architecture out there that affects its OS, since windows is the most used OS in the world, most of the viruses are coded with that OS in mind, so using a mac you're perfectly safe

13. musicmonster

musicmonster New Member

Mac for me. But it's probably because I've already used to that I find Windows hard to navigate. Mac is also really aesthetically awesome!

14. GearZ

GearZ Member

Both; for different purposes. I've been a PC user since the 80s-90s, along with various Unix boxes, but have used Apple systems a few times since the Apple IIe. Nowadays, I use Windows on the big boxes (for coding, finance, etc.) and a MacBook for when on the road because it "just works" and I can always dual boot to Windows (increasingly rare now) or drop to Unix within the OS.

15. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

I would love to have a Mac especially with the cameras that are now in fashion, the HD - high definition videos as output. With Mac, those videos can easily be edited and converted into movie format that can be shown in theaters. That's one thing that attracts me to a Mac although I am a PC user all my life.

16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I remember to have started my computers-related using Atari computers, the first was the so-called XT, which was a very basic system with an external cassette recorder for storage rather a hard driver, and then the Atari ST which has the Motorola 68000 processor, same that was used by Mac computers at the same time.

I loved the look of the desktop and windows to work with, so I promised to myself get a real Mac to enjoy those features at its most.

Even though I got my parents giving me a PC before such thing happened and I am using PC computers since. As time has went by and the Mac has turned into a "fashionable brand" this makes those computers less appealing to me.

I am after functionality and productivity that I don't think to be able to achieve with a Mac being deeply immerse in the PC world. Yes, actually Mac computers may support PC software, but not all the software of my liking can be run on a Mac and it's not worth for me to start over finding great software to use with a Mac, not to mention that I'm not willing to pay its overpriced cost.