Ready for Galaxy S5?

Discussion in 'Android' started by andy36, Nov 9, 2013.

?

Do you prefer Galaxy S5 with?

1. Metal body

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Plastic body

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doesn't matter

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. andy36

andy36 New Member

Hi guys,
    Galaxy S4 seems like an old phone now and rumors about Galaxy S5 are coming thick and fast now. here's what is being said so far:

64 Bit processor
    4GB RAM
    16 MP ISOCELL camera
    Android 4.4 Kit Kat
    Same plastic body with faux leather back
    eye-scanning sensor (like iPhone 5S touch ID)

source: galaxys5info.com

There is still lot of confusion about release date. Some rumors suggest January 2014 release while others suggest March or April 2014 release. If we go with the rumored specs, Galaxy S5 is going to be huge. What do you think?

2. Qamra

Qamra New Member

Hmm, I'm upgrading my phone in February and I wanted to go for HTC One but now I'm not too sure!

Galaxy S5 looks pretty promising, the only thing that worries me is how thin it is - with that processor and screen it will probably be overheating too easily.
    I might give it a go if it comes out before March/April.

3. andy36

andy36 New Member

Heating issues are common, even HTC One has heating problems. I think plastic phones heat less than metal phones, so this should not be big issue with Galaxy S5. I think they should really improve the battery life this time. LG G2 offers great battery life. I'm also just waiting till April to see if Galaxy S5 actually offers something better, otherwise I'll buy LG G2.

4. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

If that's the case, the Samsung S5 sure is going to be very popular. However, I don't see there's a big change from the Samsung S4, which I have already heard the battery life isn't as good as the Samsung S3. I don't see the reason to buy the Samsung S5 just for a better camera, faster processor, bigger memory, and better build-quality. I think the Samsung S3 is just as good as it is now.

5. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

They would have to bring some sort of cool new functionality for me to drop my S4. But if its just what andy says I wouldn't upgrade, only time will tell.

6. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I would prefer them to take some time and create a great phone. They should not be like Apple releasing phones every year but the only difference is the size. Time will allow them to learn about the flaws of S4 and create a good improvement of the same.

7. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I'm not too sure I would like a metal body. For one, they've historically caused connection issues on phones in the past. I had a Samsung clamshell phone from 2005, that was one of the nicer ones on the market when it came out, and the first batch of them had a lot of connection issues and were constantly losing signal and dropping calls. They also had a metal body. Later releases of that phone switched over to a plastic body instead.

The other issue is that metal is simply prone to getting scratched or chipped. Just because it's stronger doesn't mean it's more resilient to scratches and chips. When the paint chips off of a metal phone it's much more noticeable than when a plastic phone gets a scratch.

8. babyleans

babyleans New Member

i really don't see the need for a galaxy s5. i bet there won't be many new features. any more features will just be useless. i don't use half the features on the s4. i think smart phones are missing the point now.

9. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I'm not ready for a new S series phone. The specs are good but these phones are coming out too damn often. I hope that Samsung slow down the production of these phones so that when they do come out, the changes are significant.