Reasons why people did not go for Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Aditya Kulkarni, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni New Member

It is been a while Windows 8 has been launched and the response from the market is not very good.
    The company which literally owned the software field, can not be happy with the outcomes Windows 8 has shown.

According to you all, what can be the possible reasons that made people stay away from Windows 8?

2. TheViper

TheViper Member

I think that most people don't even see the need to upgrade. When you look at my PC you will see XP still being used. I haven't changed my OS since I upgraded from windows 98 to XP. Then you have the rise of other OS and the fact that there aren't any real changes. It will leave the consumer asking what the point was upgrading to windows 8.

3. samkostka

samkostka New Member

I think it's mostly because it's so different. People don't like change, and don't like new interfaces when it took so long to get used to the old one. I personally welcome the new interface, it's pretty cool for organization, for instance steam games. But I can see how Windows 7 would still be the default choice for most.

4. Linkzelda41

Linkzelda41 New Member

Yeah, I’ve only upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, but never for Windows 8. I think some of the major reasons why others may upgrade could be how the OS can support more RAM. This would be essential for any hardcore gamer, or someone who’s bread and butter involves some kind of 3D work or something CPU and even GPU intensive.

For people who can do casual work and nothing more intense than a lot of tabs on Firefox and basic Word document editing, the upgrade isn’t even needed. And considering the limit of RAM is extremely high for Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 just seems to be there for visual appeal.

However, maybe when the time comes, there will be features where Windows 8 will outshine the rest, but until then, I think XP and Windows 7 will be the standard for quite some time.