Speedtest

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Pure, May 7, 2013.

1. Pure

Pure New Member

[​IMG]
    That is my speedtest on my laptop. Not the best speed in the world, but ill try to post my speedtest on my desktop. There was this one time where I reached about 56 Megabits on my desktop.

Post your speedtest results here!

(if i posted on the wrong forum, then please move this~)

draalin likes this.
  2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

[​IMG]

My speeds are pretty good, this is from my desktop (I have DSL).

Though it would be cool to have Google fiber! :D

3. taskeinc

taskeinc New Member

[​IMG]

Had a Comcast tech to come out a couple of weeks ago, he put a Booster on a cable line coming from my basement.. I only pay for about 10MB.. He came out to replace my modem, then told me I didn't need to replace it, but he replaced a couple cable boxes and added a DVR.. I didn't realize DVR's were so cool.. the rewinding live TV is great, and recording a couple shows at one time while watching something else .. most people probably already have one, I'm just now getting into the 21st century where technology is concerned.. up to now, it's not been in the budget ..

4. maurovis

maurovis New Member

After seeing these numbers I'm almost ashamed to post my numbers. I'm going to have to upgrade my internet and then I'll post my results.

5. draalin

I felt cool until taskeinc posted anyways, don't worry. :(

6. BlackChi

BlackChi New Member

LoL. I should have tried this while I was in Malaysia just to check, where I'm currently residing doesn't matter what DSL you're using, it just sux. My numbers are significantly low atm. :) But still I'm not sure I'd be able to top this one though.

7. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I actually wonder just how valid the results are. I once got a very high result, but everything seemed to go slowly that day. The ping of games was high. Download speeds were low.

Here's mine today. Note the download/upload ratio.

[​IMG]

8. WriteBlack

WriteBlack New Member

Funny that you have more upload than download. I'm supposed to be getting 12 mbit/s, but I get more like 5.....
    If anyone is wondering my plan is ATnT Uverse. Funny, today I actually have the advertised speeds.
    [​IMG]
    I'm waiting for Google Fiber to come to my area.

9. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I don't have more upload than download, but the ratio (2:1) is far closer than in some countries.

10. Nilly

Nilly New Member

[​IMG]
    I think I have the slowest internet here.
    Look at my grade, it is F and my internet is slower than 89% of the US. I think I should quit using Verizon. Which service do you use? Please recommend one for me.

11. draalin

Move to Kansas, acquire Google Fiber!

In all seriousness though, what are the rates you should be getting anyways?

12. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Bah, I'm too ashamed to post mine because it's super slow. Give me 10 years, and I promise you, I will upgrade my internet connection. My parents are very stingy when it comes to technological advancements/gadgets, so I will have to wait, for now.

13. fermlour

fermlour Member

in your countries the internet is very fast! my upload speed is no more than 400kb's! and download of 6 mb's, also do not need more, to have more I would have to pay more and I do not have money for that.

14. Sefrotox

Sefrotox New Member

Mine is usually better than this, but it still is not so good. The upload is a joke:
    [​IMG]

This is on my Macbook Air over wireless. I figure a test over direct connection could give better readings. It is still apparent that my download is many times greater than my upload.

15. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Wow there are some great speedtests. I live in Mexico and at my City I think the average download speed might be around 5 MBps. That's what I have. It's enough to watch streaming movies.

16. foitoi

foitoi Member

So, this is my average. It is OK, but I would LOVE to have a better upload speed.
    [​IMG]

17. kalt

kalt New Member

[​IMG]

Most of my friends and family are quite jealous of my Internet connection. I live in a smaller city so this is an amazing speed. :)

18. draalin

56Mbps upload... I hate you! Do you have a cap on that package?

19. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

[​IMG]

Damnit, I couldn't resist myself from sharing this humiliating result. I don't even know if it's still possible to get a result worse as this. The saddest part about the result is that it's considered as faster than the 65% of the Philippines. Gives me hope, yeah.

20. burnty

burnty New Member

[​IMG]
    Not as good as some on here, but pretty decent, terrible upload rating though :(. But hey for Belgium it's pretty good!