Suggestion Needed : Laptop Backup

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Aditya Kulkarni, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni New Member

I recently bought a laptop, which will have my both personal and work related data.
    I am very much worried about how the things will be if in case there is a breakdown in my laptop.

I want to know what are the best software or practices for having a backup of a laptop.
    Can we have some inputs on this? :)

2. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Simply buy an external hard drive. They really cheap nowadays at around $50 you can get a good one. So whenever you save an important document on the laptop, make sure you save it also on the external hard drive. It will be easy to get restored back to working when a disaster strikes.

3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

More than likely your laptop will come with a partitioned hard drive that contains a backup of your default Windows installation. You can always use this to restore your hard drive in the event of Windows becoming corrupt on your main installation. Personally I don't like to waste the money and time backing up my entire hard drive, so generally I will just get a solid state drive (which are much more reliable) and only back up my important files. I would rather start with a clean installation of Windows than try to restore a potentially corrupted copy.