The Best Free Email Provider/Service?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by danealegana, May 13, 2013.

?

Best Free Email Provider/Service

1. Gmail

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Yahoo Mail

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. AOL Mail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hotmail/Live

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. danealegana

danealegana Member

My first email was created on Yahoo and I totally dont care much about it before since I still dont know how much important an email is. But since I discovered that it is one of the basic essentials for my everyday life, I started to see its importance. And when I have created an account on Gmail, I have been overwhelmed with what Gmail can do compared to Yahoo Mail. All the paid features on Yahoo Mail is free on Gmail, which made me think that Gmail is the best email provider/service that is out there.

So what about you guys? What do you think is the best email provider/service?

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Gmail by far as for functionality. Because of how it is already integrated with Google's other services such as calendars, drive, maps, photos.

I also had Yahoo as my first Email provider long time ago. I haven't logged in it for a few years though. But I should go see if anything is actually sitting in there since you mentioned it. :D

danealegana likes this.
  3. TIEro

TIEro New Member

I think my first free email was Hotmail. It's probably still there, to be honest, though I hated the system and barely ever used it.

Of current competitors, I have to say that I don't really like any of them. Gmail is far and away the best, of course, but the way they trawl my email so they can advertise at me and the phenomenally stupid lack of spam control annoy me. As does the need to delete everything half a dozen times before it's gone.

Still, it's better than most.

danealegana likes this.
  4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I have both yahoo mail and gmail. However, my yahoo mail is more active. I have more contacts using yahoo mail which is why it's my primary email address. But I do like Gmail and its interface. It's a lot faster and more intuitive than yahoo.

danealegana likes this.
  5. BlackChi

BlackChi New Member

Although I use both, I am more comfortable with GMAIL.
    Anything business related is done on my Gmail account and I have 3separate emails there. Personal, Public and Business e-mail. I have too much junk and spam mail on Yahoo, since I've had my account since 2000. Basically, Gmail is user friendly and easier to navigate compared to Ymail.

danealegana likes this.
  6. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I personally believe that Gmail is the best email provider out there. It's fast, reliable, and user-friendly, so what more can I ask for? In addition to that, I like the fact that all Google services are now linked into one account so that I won't have any problems managing accounts. I've been using gmail since 2010 and I've never looked back.

7. fermlour

fermlour Member

I think the best are the gmail and hotmail, now since he joined the outlook is much faster and simplified.
    I prefer gmail for my business, since it is possible to create gmail email with my own domain.

8. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I've got to say that GMail is the best as it's simple and has all of the features which I need for free. I started on Yahoo and it's gone through several redesigns, each of which have caused issues. If I log into a Yahoo mail at work, I can't click 'Compose Mail' for example.

9. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

Undoubtedly, gmail is the best and all other email providers are a way behind. I also created my first email using Yahoo. I really liked their service as it was my first experience with emailing. Then I created gmail account to sign up for Orkut. But after that I never looked back for any other email providers.

10. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I agree with those who say that Gmail is the best email out there. I do think so. For me the killer feature of Gmail is how it mails and replies within a single conversation. It just make sense to see mails that way. Also there's no way other providers can beat Gmail's search.

I also use both Yahoo and Hotmail. I don't care much for Yahoo but it is an account I have had for many years and I have a few subscriptions with that account but I don't really use it. I can say the same about Hotmail but also have to admit that Microsoft has done a really good job with the redesign of Hotmail (now Outlook). The new interface loads very fast. I like it, but it is still way behind Gmail.

11. Camo75

Camo75 New Member

I gotta go with Gmail as well. Like it was said before, with Gmail you get access to things like Google Drive, Google Docs, etc...

Also you can use your gmail address for YouTube as well. Awesome.

12. SirArgy

SirArgy New Member

I am a very huge fan of GMail and have been using mine for several years in the making.

I never delete my e-mails, so the huge, huge storage is a plus for me. I remember back when they first started up and how much they advertised their storage size.

13. dgilber5

dgilber5 New Member

I'm definitely a Gmail fan. Hands down it's my go-to email client. I also have an old Hotmail account from ages ago, and it's basically just full of spam nowadays. Also, the integration with all the other Google programs is a huge plus for me.

14. daenerys

daenerys Member

The new Hotmail/Live is really nice and simple actually. No ads at all, the last I checked. I don't trust Gmail over Google's weird privacy policies, but there certainly are a lot of benefits to it. Personally, I prefer to use Apple's iCloud mail now, I'm pretty sure that's free. You might have to have a Mac to sign up for it though, I'm not sure.

15. ozadin

ozadin Member

I tried many different free email providers, and overall, I like gmail the most. It's very easy to navigate around, and has the most user-friendly interface. Second place would be hotmail, since it's a bit similar.

16. Pickpktlongshot

Pickpktlongshot New Member

Gmail is my favorite. It worked excellently for college. When professors emailed me an attachment, I could easily save it directly to my Google docs so I could retrieve it later. I agree with the other posters - it is very easy and user-friendly.

17. francis675

francis675 New Member

Yep, another vote for Gmail from me. I was a longtime hotmail user, but I got fed up with the spam and every now and again all my contacts got spammy crap sent out to them! This has never happened with gmail. That said, the only downside seems to be that the big G knows EVERYTHING about me! Maybe I'm paranoid, but I also have a couple of private email accounts (self-hosted) to mix it up a bit.

18. rage35

rage35 Member

I was supposed to hit Gmail account but I hit yahoo mail for one reason, my yahoo account was a very old account. I used it since high school till now. But I prefer to use Gmail because of its simplicity and flexibility but since I was used to yahoo, I think I would go for yahoo mail.

19. chris

chris New Member

I voted for gmail since I use google for almost everything but I have not used it much in the last 3 months since I started using this other provider that I found on about.com. So now I am using superheromail.com and to tell you the truth besides the cool name the services have worked out really well. Of course the had other names to choose from and I found the one i like the most. But my fall back email right now is gmail for sure.

20. vcx _vgg

vcx _vgg New Member

I have to lean toward either Gmail or Live. I don't like any of the others.