The Best Free Email Provider/Service?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by danealegana, May 13, 2013.

?

Best Free Email Provider/Service

1. Gmail

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Yahoo Mail

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. AOL Mail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hotmail/Live

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Right now 92.3% of the voters prefer Gmail. Things doesn't look too good for hotmail and yahoo.

2. altrouge

altrouge Member

Well, my first e-mail was Yahoo, and I immediately replaced it after a while with Hotmail. Right now I'm using Outlook (which is pretty much Hotmail) and I say I'm satisfied by it. I tried gmail but I just wasn't comfortable using it.

3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I use Gmail since it's generally considered more "professional" than many of the other services such as Yahoo. For many years I would only use my own domain name email address, but it gets far too much spam, so I had to forward it to my Gmail account and let it filter it there instead.

4. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I like gmail, but I don't know if its the best its a subjective topic, but I am happy with gmail so no reason to switch.

5. TheViper

TheViper Member

The best one for me is gmail and the second would have to be yahoo. Microsoft email provider is becoming very annoying with there verification methods.

6. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

There is no debate about this, Gmail is the best and we all know why. Gmail has transitioned the way we can communicate through email and made it more fun. You can chat, do hangouts and even have 7 GB free space for your personal storage. Which email providers does that?

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

My first email account came from my ISP, then I got an account from GMX which was a great service until I lost my password and found that the only way to retrieve it was calling a number in Germany that charged per minute in order to get someone resetting my password.

I tried both Yahoo and Hotmail before getting a Gmail account, but while Hotmail usually deleted my accounts due to "lack of use" I never felt enthusiast to use Yahoo at all.

Then I came across with Gmail in its early stage and I have been using it since, despite many times I have something to blame on it due to performance problems.

8. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I am comfortable with Gmail. It's simple and I have been using it for many years. Therefore, I don't see the point of signing up for any other email service provided. I tried yahoo in the passed but it wasn't for me. I'm always on google, so it's convenient if my emails are on there as well.

9. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

Yahoo! mail works perfectly fine for me. I have an email account there, which I created 15 years ago and it still works fine apart from the fact that I have not cleaned that account ever, and have about 10.000 e-mails and junk mail. :D

10. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I think GMail is your best option. I use Hotmail but I'm from Europe so its okay. Stick with either GMail or Hotmail and you should be fine. They're both very reliable.

11. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

The first e-mail service I used was Yahoo since that was the only thing that exist back then but now I'll say that I really love Google Mail. Personally, it is better that Yahoo Mail. I prefer Gmail because of its features and simplicity unlike Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail back then was great but they started changing it as time goes by and its just not for me I guess.

12. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

I think Gmail is the best. I used Yahoo Mail before and I can't tell how sluggish it is compared to Gmail. Also, Gmail has a much simpler and user friendly UI.

13. pebblesxo

pebblesxo New Member

Definitely Gmail. I was a Yahoomail person before and I'm glad i switched to Gmail. It just works perfectly, its user-friendly and it filters the spam messages like it's nobody's business. Hands down to Gmail.

14. soulite

soulite New Member

The best free email service provider would have to be Gmail. I love all of the features that Google has for Gmail. It also makes since that if your going to use any Google products that you have a Gmail just so that everything will be compatible with your email almost seamlessly.

15. creeper360bill

creeper360bill New Member

For me Gmail is the best email provider. It's way faster then Yahoo mail (Emails load 2x faster than Yahoo) for me and the interface is clean and nicely laid out, plus the fact that when you get a Gmail account you can use that account for all of Google's services, Youtube, The Google Play store, Google Play music, and a lot more.

16. maniacmaran

maniacmaran New Member

I think that Yahoo is. Gmail has a lot of good options, but I get too many emails saying that my account looks suspicious and that someone may be trying to log into my account. That gets very annoying. I have never had a problem with yahoo. It doesn't stress me as much. My very first email was a yahoo email too. For some reason, whatever that I try first, or join first, always turns out it be my favorite. So maybe if I had tried Gmail first, then Gmail would be my favorite free email service.

I have never tried no hotmail, AOL etc. I have tried this app called mail.com though. It's a good one too. It works just as good ad Yahoo. Its an app and a website. So if you didn't know about this service, now you know. So yeah to answer your question, in my opinion.., I think that Yahoo is the best free email provider/service.

17. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Gmail is by far the est email service that I have used And believe me, I have used almost all of them. None of them even come close to Gmail.

18. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I was and I'm still a Yahoo Mail user and I like it so far. But honestly, I really can't pinpoint anything that I love about the email provider. I think it's just that I've had it for a couple of years now and just can't afford to change it to anything else.

19. kenbrace

kenbrace New Member

I use Live for my primary email address but Gmail is just as great. I can't really say that one of them is particularly better than the other but I started out using Live so I guess I prefer it hence my vote.

20. tipoywizard

tipoywizard New Member

I like Gmail. It has a simple design. It is user friendly. I used it in my day to day job and transactions involving emails. My vote goes to GMAIL.