Unique features of iOS

Discussion in 'iOS' started by MCally92, May 23, 2013.

1. MCally92

MCally92 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a new owner of an iPhone 5, and as I have previously only ever used Android phones, I'm still somewhat new to the iOS system. I'm wondering what are some of the special features, hidden functions, or anything that isn't readily known about the iPhone OS. I really enjoy being able to use my technology to the maximum of it's abilities, so any hints/advice/info on what the iOS (iPhone 5 specifically) can do would be much appreciated!

2. shloka

shloka New Member

It has multi touch where you can slide from one app to other by sliding with the use of four or five fingers.

3. daenerys

daenerys Member

@shloka's advice only works for the iPad, not iPhone unfortunately.

As for special features... let's see, if you hold the power button plus press the home button, it will save a screengrab into your camera roll. This can come in handy sometimes.

If you double tap the home button it shows your "open" apps, if you swipe left along the bottom, you have audio controls and orientation lock, which can come in handy. You can also double tap the home button without unlocking the phone to access audio controls.

4. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I think the unique features of IOS are multitasking and accessibility. There's the accessibility assistant or whatever it is called, which there will be a small square icon appears on the screen. It has the option in which you can turn off the IPhone by pressing one of the keys for about 8 seconds. I have found out about that option a few weeks ago, which nobody seems to notice it.