Useless Features.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by useruseruser, Apr 11, 2014.

1. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

As soon as I boot up a fresh OS, I instantly delete all the useless features. You know, the stupid games etc. I find having all these features on the OS to be annoying. What do you guys think ?, are these features annoying to you ?, do you delete them?

2. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

Yes, you're freeing up space and there's nothing wrong at all with deleting all the crappy free games. Funny because I use to love solitare, minesweeper and ski free back when I had windows 95.

3. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu New Member

I do the same thing, especially when installing on older machines with smaller HDs, as like ahriman said, that frees up HD space. I've heard of some places where a person deleted a lot of the useless or less used features of Win XP and Win 7 to make machines run faster for gaming and such. I think an official install like that would be very handy, as MS keeps making the installs larger and larger, while there's still a lot of older machines out there that can't run a bloated OS.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

I also delete all pre-installed Windows games, but I also disable most stock Windows sounds as well. I feature I like to keep is Aero, although I know it eats up a bit of my RAM, it still makes my OS look good.