What caused the Maps of Apple to fail?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by lindbergh, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

So, there was a lot of criticism regarding the Maps application of Apple. Numerous deficiencies in the device forced the company to temporarily discontinue the use of the app and adopt Google Maps. What could be a reason or cause why the Maps of Apple failed.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

No idea, but I remember the news going a bit crazy about it for a while. :LOL:

3. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I ran into the same thing too. The Apple Maps didn't work, and I didn't find any reason for that. I didn't my iPhone was acting weird or something. Therefore, I reset the phone, and Apple Maps didn't work. When I used the Google Maps, it worked really well. I think it was the software issue.

4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

I think the problem with it was they had a significantly worse maps app then google doing little things that would inconvenience users, missing what some deemed as essential features, and from what I heard just giving plain wrong decisions for example when it directed some cars in Alaska to drive across the airport runway. Many were annoyed that Google had been working so well and they now had to switch to this sub par maps app. However, now they seem to have fixed all the major problems.

5. chie

chie Member

The stock Maps app of Apple had numerous issues: incorrect direction when driving, incorrect terrain and scaling, incorrect building locations, incorrect labeling, and lots more. Although, it is relative to some countries because some say it's working fine for them. After receiving a lot of complaints, Apple discontinued using the Maps app and integrated the Google Maps to theirs.

Personally, I can still see issues on the new Maps app. I'm not saying that Google Maps is inaccurate but it seems there are differences between the new stock app and the third-party app.

I recommend you use Waze. I've been using this for 2 years now. It is very easy to use and very simple to navigate. It is very interactive and accurate. It is able to locate accurately your desired destination, give suggested routes, real-time traffic update, and create re-routes in case of incorrect navigation.